Griffin bye-bye at NASA?

Old November 24th 08, 11:11 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Neil Gerace

Default Griffin bye-bye at NASA?

On Nov 24, 4:32*pm, Jan Vorbrüggen
wrote:

19 mT - what unit is that?

millitesla :-)
Old November 24th 08, 11:15 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Jorge R. Frank

Neil Gerace wrote:
On Nov 24, 4:32 pm, Jan Vorbrüggen
wrote:

19 mT - what unit is that?

millitesla :-)

Alright - you knew what I meant. Keep up the nitpicking and I'll start
quoting all masses in "stones" for my postings.
Old November 25th 08, 12:21 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Correct. Any cargo Orion variants you see floating around are
conceptual; there is no cargo Orion version under development.

Once crewed version of Orion has had its design frozen and proven, it
should be straight forward for NASA to design a cargo version
("Progress" analogue).

Old November 25th 08, 07:43 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Jan Vorbrüggen[_2_]

Alright - you knew what I meant. Keep up the nitpicking and I'll start
quoting all masses in "stones" for my postings.

That would be too easy! I just checked - I even remembered the
corresponding SI mass correctly 8-).

To confuse as much as possible, I suggest quoting velocities in furlongs
per fortnight and time in microfortnights (just saw Wikipedia has a
seperate entry on those). Follow the lead of VMS, noting that in the
implementation, a microfortnight has been approximated as one second.
And then compute an orbital rendezvous in those units...

Jan
Old November 25th 08, 08:42 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Pat Flannery

Jan Vorbrüggen wrote:

To confuse as much as possible, I suggest quoting velocities in
furlongs per fortnight and time in microfortnights (just saw
Wikipedia has a seperate entry on those). Follow the lead of VMS,
noting that in the implementation, a microfortnight has been
approximated as one second. And then compute an orbital rendezvous in
those units...

I still want to figure out the apogee and perigee of the ISS in Roman
Stadia, its velocity in Egyptian Cubits per second, and its overall mass
in Hebraic Talents.
As long as we are going to drive people to distraction trying to convert
one measurement form to another, let's sort the wheat from the chaff by
seeing who actually can _handle_ something like that in their future
postings. :-D

Pat

Old November 25th 08, 09:22 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

I still want to figure out the apogee and perigee of the ISS in Roman
Stadia, its velocity in Egyptian Cubits per second, and its overall
mass in Hebraic Talents.
As long as we are going to drive people to distraction trying to
convert one measurement form to another, let's sort the wheat from the
chaff by seeing who actually can _handle_ something like that in their
future postings. :-D

BTW, although Roman Stadia is a fixed distance, Egyptian Cubits varied
by dynasty, as did Hebraic Talents did in biblical times.
So, although I might not end up as "chaff", I do need input on what form
and time period one wants those measurements to be measured by, and a
good, solid, day to work on the math in regards to that (if I get around
to it)... and no guarantee that my answer will actually resemble
anything correct unless by random chance.
But, other than that, I stand by my intellectual challenge and sorting
of great minds as expressed in that posting. ;-)

Pat