ASTRO: Work in progress M31 with G and B data added

Old November 3rd 07, 03:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Work in progress M31 with G and B data added

this is HaGB with 25% of the Ha blended into B

i was only able to get 6 flats in blue tonight and that's what I used for
the entire image

the blue and green are 12 x 5minutes and the halpha is 21 x 20 minutes (7
hours)

so this is 9 hours of data total

I need to take real flats and work the 1 hour's worth of red data into it to
finish it up

The Halpha really makes the HII regions very prominent

shooting more flats and red next
rdc

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m31_fsq_6303_baader_optec_xsvga.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1419
Old November 3rd 07, 05:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
this is HaGB with 25% of the Ha blended into B

i was only able to get 6 flats in blue tonight and that's what I used for
the entire image

the blue and green are 12 x 5minutes and the halpha is 21 x 20 minutes (7
hours)

so this is 9 hours of data total

I need to take real flats and work the 1 hour's worth of red data into it to
finish it up

The Halpha really makes the HII regions very prominent

shooting more flats and red next
rdc

Interesting!
I note the strong HII region in the lower part of your image. I've
circled it in the first image attached. I took this region in
Luminosity only last year. There was a very odd star cluster in that
region. It consists of arcs of stars around a bright hub. It exactly
matches your HII region though I don't really see nebulosity in my
image. It was designated as a cluster, I can't recall the name.
Obviously it is a major HII region as well. I've attached a cropped
version of my image with that cluster/HII region circled.
Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m31HIICrisp.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1420  Click image for larger version

Name:	ClusterM31.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1421

Old November 4th 07, 12:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Richard Crisp" wrote

Beautiful image.

Was this taken with your A-P refractor?

George N

Old November 4th 07, 01:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"George Normandin" wrote in message
"Richard Crisp" wrote

Beautiful image.

Was this taken with your A-P refractor?

Thanks for the comment George

I took this with my old-style FSQ106 and the IMG6303 with the Baader Halpha
and Optec IR blocking G &B filters

George N

Old November 5th 07, 09:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Richard, no wonder you could show the HII regions that well with 7 hours if
Halpha...

Stefan

et...