Experiments to contact "other universes" in the multiverse.

Old August 26th 18, 03:49 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default Experiments to contact "other universes" in the multiverse.

Gerald Kelleher:
There are no illusory loops of Venus nor Mercury seen from Earth...

palsing:
Once again, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, you insist that
your own 'intuition' is more correct than the cold, hard facts of the matter.
Sure, it is very difficult to 'see' the loops of Venus and Mercury because
those planets are mostly very near the Sun when viewed from Earth, but
nevertheless, they *do* exist, whether you like it or not...

There ya go! That's telling him! You've set him straight once and for
all and we'll never hear nonsense from him again.

Or is it this way: He's leading you to make a fool of yourself He has
you on a string like a puppet and can make you jump and jerk at his
will?

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old August 26th 18, 04:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 7:49:35 PM UTC-7, Davoud wrote:
Gerald Kelleher:
There are no illusory loops of Venus nor Mercury seen from Earth...

palsing:
Once again, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, you insist that
your own 'intuition' is more correct than the cold, hard facts of the matter.
Sure, it is very difficult to 'see' the loops of Venus and Mercury because
those planets are mostly very near the Sun when viewed from Earth, but
nevertheless, they *do* exist, whether you like it or not...

There ya go! That's telling him! You've set him straight once and for
all and we'll never hear nonsense from him again.

Or is it this way: He's leading you to make a fool of yourself He has
you on a string like a puppet and can make you jump and jerk at his
will?

Concerning astronomy, the man's a totally uneducated simpleton, and always has been, and he needs to understand that everyone knows this... he has so many concepts wrong that I've lost count of them, but there are dozens of them!

These days I rarely respond to his drivel, but every now and then I just can't help myself. No need to remind me that I'm wasting my time...

\Paul A
Old August 26th 18, 11:25 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 1:47:27 AM UTC+1, palsing wrote:
On Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 12:02:17 PM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

There are no illusory loops of Venus nor Mercury seen from Earth...

Once again, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, you insist that your own 'intuition' is more correct than the cold, hard facts of the matter.

The Sun is always at the centre of the motions of Venus and Mercury which is why the phases dictate the outcome of the back and forth motions (direct/retrograde motions) and the actual loops of those faster moving planets and their smaller circumferences -

http://astronomer-wpengine.netdna-ss...s_of_venus.jpg

So what if the lot of you are dull and dour, an easy way to indirectly affirm the motions of Venus and Mercury is to appeal to the satellites of Jupiter and Saturn as they run their circuits around their parent planets -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJiYoNN9lKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD9k6wSt-Wo

Empirical rednecks are like brexiteers, they conjure up fanciful outcomes but in an undisciplined way that bears no relationship to technical details.

Old August 26th 18, 02:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Davoud:
Or is it this way: He's [Gerald Kelleher] leading you to make a fool of yourself He has
you on a string like a puppet and can make you jump and jerk at his
will?

palsing:
Concerning astronomy, the man's a totally uneducated simpleton, and always
has been, and he needs to understand that everyone knows this... he has so
many concepts wrong that I've lost count of them, but there are dozens of
them!

If it's true that he's an "uneducated simpleton," which I'm not certain
is the case, who are you to decide that he "needs" to know that you
know it? And why him? There are billions of people in the world who are
ignorant in myriad areas of knowledge‹including you and me. Why single
him out for "education?" Why not single me out for being an uneducated
simpleton in the field of neurosurgery? I think it is the case that he
is a brilliant troll, nothing more. And you're the one who needs
educated on minding your own business.

Old August 26th 18, 08:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 6:35:02 AM UTC-7, Davoud wrote:

Why not single me out for being an uneducated simpleton in the field of neurosurgery?

Well, that's a silly question for several reasons. For starters, this isn't a neurosurgery forum, and in my recollection, you have never made any outrageous neurosurgical claims that might persuade someone to correct you. Even if you had, I'm in no position to wrangle with anyone about neurosurgery since I have zero competency in that field of expertise.

On the other hand, I do have a certain level of competence regarding astronomy, having degrees in both astronomy and physics, even though they are just bachelor's degrees and were earned 50 years ago next January. I sometimes comment when my BS meter is pegged.

I haven't singled Gerald out, I have responded often to those who blatantly spout incorrect and outrageous bull****, both here and on other forums, as have you, on occasion.

I think it is the case that he
is a brilliant troll, nothing more. And you're the one who needs
educated on minding your own business.

There is little doubt that he is a through-and-through troll, but even so, it is "my business" if I want to poke him now and then. If this bothers you, well, you can always block me.

There is very little actual astronomy discussed here these days, the interesting topics that are occasionally presented are soon hijacked by you-know-who. I ignore him a vast majority of the time but apparently, that is not good enough for you. Oh well...

\Paul A

Old August 27th 18, 02:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Davoud:
I think it is the case that he
is a brilliant troll, nothing more. And you're the one who needs
educated on minding your own business.

palsing:
There is little doubt that he is a through-and-through troll, but even so, it
is "my business" if I want to poke him now and then. If this bothers you,
well, you can always block me.

Right you are. It's your life and if you want to spend it ****ing into
the wind, that's your business,not mine.

Old August 27th 18, 04:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Sunday, 26 August 2018 21:05:20 UTC-4, Davoud wrote:
Davoud:
I think it is the case that he
is a brilliant troll, nothing more. And you're the one who needs
educated on minding your own business.

palsing:
There is little doubt that he is a through-and-through troll, but even so, it
is "my business" if I want to poke him now and then. If this bothers you,
well, you can always block me.

Right you are. It's your life and if you want to spend it ****ing into
the wind, that's your business,not mine.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Getting sidetracked by this orbital lunacy doesn't paint anyone in a good light except the guy who initiated it for laughs.
Old August 27th 18, 07:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 4:12:24 AM UTC+1, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 26 August 2018 21:05:20 UTC-4, Davoud wrote:
Davoud:
I think it is the case that he
is a brilliant troll, nothing more. And you're the one who needs
educated on minding your own business.

palsing:
There is little doubt that he is a through-and-through troll, but even so, it
is "my business" if I want to poke him now and then. If this bothers you,
well, you can always block me.

Right you are. It's your life and if you want to spend it ****ing into
the wind, that's your business,not mine.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Getting sidetracked by this orbital lunacy doesn't paint anyone in a good light except the guy who initiated it for laughs.

Here is your string theory -

https://www.lunarplanner.com/Images/...et%20Paths.gif

In contrast, others naturally can put the observed motion of Venus in proper context as it runs it circuit of the Sun while demonstrating that its actual closed loop differs from the imaginary loops of the slower moving planets -

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap031216.html

http://www.insideastronomy.com/uploa...0_7_128459.jpg

Much like the first time direct/retrograde motions were resolved, some will naturally enjoy the difference while others, like yourself can neither see nor feel the difference.

Old August 28th 18, 07:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

No comments were invited other than this multi-universe crap is pseudo-intellectual tinsel that has no dynamic for discussion apart from those who are already lost to astronomy.

The orbital 'lunacy' is when some group like the space agency are unable to explain the direct/retrograde motion of Mercury and Venus -

https://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs...uestion46.html

It is curious that the actual loops of Venus and Mercury that provide the resolution for their direct/retrograde motion involve the most basic proof of the Earth's orbital motion by using the transition of the background stars from left to right of the Sun which observers see as an evening to morning appearance.

It is perhaps slightly more intricate to explain the orbital motions of the faster moving planets as it involves placing the Sun at the centre of their motions whereas the illusory loops of the slower moving planets infer a central Sun indirectly. It is not for everyone but then again neither was the original discovery of Copernicus.
Old August 28th 18, 08:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 7:35:02 AM UTC-6, Davoud wrote:
Why not single me out for being an uneducated
simpleton in the field of neurosurgery?

Do you dare to go forth, and say to the world that competent neurosurgeons are
mistaken about neurosurgery, and instead the truth is something different than
what they believe?

He has singled *himself* out for responses, by daring to go forth and attempt to
mislead others and lead them away from the One Truth about astronomy which is
ours alone!

So while you may have a complaint, it's a different one than the one you've
raised.

John Savard