This is the story of the hurricane..

Old September 13th 04, 07:33 AM
starlord

Default This is the story of the hurricane..

I noticed you had a line about hurricane Andrew, yet you totaly leave out
anything about the class 5 hurricane that was even stronger than andrew and
all but wiped out everything on one of the islands of the state of Hawaii
including a clubs major telescope and totaled in damage MORE than andrew
ever did. I was on Oahu and we got just one little edge of it and still a
lot of homes on the Waianae/Makaha side where damaged and or distroyed.

And you want to see a REAL Hurricane??? Look at the Great Spot of Jupiter!!!
Bigger than the whole Earth!

--

"And for the second time in four million years, the monolith awoke."
Arthur C.Clarke 2062dyssey three

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.netfirms.com/

"MAT" wrote in message
Hurricanes are nature's fiercest storms, with about 10 occurring each

year.

---

Old September 13th 04, 03:48 PM
MAT

And you want to see a REAL Hurricane??? Look at the Great Spot of

Jupiter!!!
Bigger than the whole Earth!

--

Go take you're lithium ya little freak!

Old September 13th 04, 05:05 PM
Jim Johnson

"starlord" wrote in message ...
I noticed you had a line about hurricane Andrew, yet you totaly leave out
anything about the class 5 hurricane that was even stronger than andrew and
all but wiped out everything on one of the islands of the state of Hawaii
including a clubs major telescope and totaled in damage MORE than andrew
ever did. I was on Oahu and we got just one little edge of it and still a
lot of homes on the Waianae/Makaha side where damaged and or distroyed.

And you want to see a REAL Hurricane??? Look at the Great Spot of Jupiter!!!
Bigger than the whole Earth!

I do not believe your statements are valid. From what I've read Iniki
was a minimal Category 4. Andrew was a category 4 (upgraded to a
category 5 afterwards) and cause $26 billion in damage. Iniki caused
between $1.8 billion and $3 billion in damage. A devestating
hurricane, no doubt, but not to the same magnitude as Andrew. I live
in New Orleans and am anxiously watching where Ivan is heading. It has
potential to be nearly as bad as Andrew.

Jim Johnson

http://www.noaa.gov/hurricaneandrew.html
http://www.cnn.com/2002/WEATHER/10/03/major.hurricanes
http://members.aol.com/Rosendalhe/hurrican2.htm
Old September 13th 04, 09:14 PM
starlord

You have just earned a spot in my KILLFILE where all the other DIPSTICKS
find themselves.

Calling me a " little freak" is oh so wrong ... I'm a awefull BIG FREAK!

Old September 13th 04, 09:20 PM
starlord

The ONLY reson Iniki ( Class 5 ) damage amount to less was that there
are/where less people on the Island the storm hit head on, BUT, when I left
Hawaii in '97, they where still recovering from the storm. If more people
lived over there ( last I heard was someplace between 10,000 living there )
the $$ amount would have been bigger. As it was it wiped out a newly built
ready to open hotel which had to be sold and rebuilt.

I lived in Hawaii then, I know what it was like.

--

"And for the second time in four million years, the monolith awoke."
Arthur C.Clarke 2062dyssey three

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.netfirms.com/

"Jim Johnson" wrote in message
om...

Old September 13th 04, 10:36 PM
Rod Mollise

Hurricanes are nature's fiercest storms, with about 10 occurring each year.
When Bikini Island was demolished with a thermonuclear bomb test, the
explosion lifted about five million tonnes of water into the air.

Hi Mat:

True. HOWEVER Mike (and especially Castle Bravo) contaminated that water (and
dirt), with the result that The islands near ground zero are _still_ not safe
for long term habitation over 50 years later. You've also got the tremendous
blast effect (you can easily experience winds 3 times more powerful that what
any hurricane can produce), and heat pulse.

Don't get me wrong, I've lived through some bad hurricanes, including Camille,
and it looks like we've got another one aimed at us here on the northern Gulf
Coast RIGHT NOW...I certainly respect them. But...

Where would you rather be? 5 miles from the eye of Camille, or 5 miles from the
Shot Cab of Castle Bravo? ;-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old September 14th 04, 03:43 AM
weather

Where would you rather be? 5 miles from the eye of Camille, or 5 miles

from the
Shot Cab of Castle Bravo? ;-)

neither

Old September 14th 04, 05:45 PM
Greg Crinklaw

starlord wrote:
You have just earned a spot in my KILLFILE where all the other DIPSTICKS
find themselves.

Calling me a " little freak" is oh so wrong ... I'm a awefull BIG FREAK!

He's just another juvenile asshole OT troller with too much time on his
hands who ought to get a life.

Old September 15th 04, 12:24 AM
Gary Heath

I'd rather be about 5 miles form the center of the crab nebula when it got
tired of being a star.
That way I'm certain I'd not suffer 'any' after effects at all! ;-)
BTW: I was stationed at Kessler just after Camille, and just before being
sent to south east Asia.
Both pretty much blew chunks.

Gary

Old September 15th 04, 12:39 AM
ROM SPACE KNIGHT NURSE

Since a hurricane packs more destructive punch than thousands of nuclear
bombs, we MUST for our National Security against this International
Conspiracy of Terrorism, develop first-strike Hurricanuclear capability.
By simply seeding the eye of a hurricane that our American Defense
Contractor Combine CREATES (! YES!) with how ever many Nuclear Warheads
we have left after the Commie-Terrorists Democrats and LIBERALS (GAG
PUKE!!) in D.C. got US to destory most of them, we will create a weapon
so powerful that it MAY just may not only end the threat of Terrorism
forever by initiating nuclear winter but also get our beloved Supreme
Warlord George Bush re-elected!! Go for it!