Jeff

Old April 27th 07, 03:20 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_6_]

Default 462 " people " posted to Sci.Physics in the last week.

JeffŠRelf wrote:

" Why the list of posters ? ", Art_Deco asked.

Originally, I just wanted unique/short names for browsers;
so I employed a Base-62 ( A-Z, a-z, 0-9 ) hash
of the entire " User-Agent ", " X-Newsreader ",
" X-HTTP-UserAgent " or " X-Mailer " field.

For example, the following " X-HTTP-UserAgent " field
becomes " FF 2.0 XP_B4QB ", where " B4QB " is the hash:
" Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3)
Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe) ".

But, to implement it, I needed a list of newsreaders,
which lead to list of people using them.

After Kurt said " 100 people post to Sci.Physics ",
I decided to report the number of people who've posted here
in the last week. ( Note, each nymshift is counted as a " person " )

The answer is 462, see:
www.Cotse.NET/users/jeffrelf/_X_.PNG
www.Cotse.NET/users/jeffrelf/Phy_R.TXT
( Note, the .TXT file needs FireFox or Visual Studio, IE7 munges it )

Big deal.

Old April 27th 07, 03:57 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
T Wake

Default About 400 people posted to Sci.Physics in the last week.

"Jeff.Relf" wrote in message
Think about it, Kurt... Why do we reply ? because we're interested.
Get a thicker skin. I read all replies to me,
even the brain-dead insults are interesting at times.

Ok.

You are an idiot.

You wrote,
" There are about 100 ideits who write articles for these groups. ".

About 400 people posted to Sci.Physics in the last week.
( 8 days, actually ), to wit:

I found 216 " rigs " ( i.e. browser congigurations ).
" T_Wake:19.7 " means T_Wake averages about 20 posts per day here.

Jeff, I never knew you cared.

Old April 27th 07, 04:24 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.usenet.kooks
§ñühw¤£f

=?UTF-8?Q?Jeff=E2=80=A6Relf?= pinched out a
steaming pile :

[...]

)

One caveat: my newsreader allows me to inject that info manually so I
can change it.
Your data assumes that people aren't playing with headers.
Old April 27th 07, 04:32 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
The Ghost In The Machine

In sci.physics, JimWagle

wrote
on Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:52:41 -0500
ews.net:
Cool, is there some automated way you did this ?

Presumably, http://www.cotse.net/users/jeffrelf/X.CPP .

Beware.

"Jeff.Relf" wrote in message
Think about it, Kurt... Why do we reply ? because we're interested.
Get a thicker skin. I read all replies to me,
even the brain-dead insults are interesting at times.

You wrote,
" There are about 100 ideits who write articles for these groups. ".

About 400 people posted to Sci.Physics in the last week.
( 8 days, actually ), to wit:

I found 216 " rigs " ( i.e. browser congigurations ).
" T_Wake:19.7 " means T_Wake averages about 20 posts per day here.

Count of posts ( last 8 days ):

352 Outlook_O0u ( T_Wake:19.7, Jeckyl:7.8, greysky:3.1, hanson:2.4
, Keith_Schiffner:.9, Zippy:.8, Dirk_Van_de_moortel:.8, Skitt:.6
, Uoy:.6, OG:.4, Don_Kelly:.4, Phil_Holman:.4, BogusID:.4
, Jim_E:.4, Dlac:.4, Steve:.3, John:.3, Brian_Watson:.3
, harry:.3, Hagar:.3, Long_Ranger:.3, Pat_Durkin:.3
, Ben_Miller:.3, Nick:.3, Karmine:.3, Lempel:.3, Mike:.3
, George_Dishman:.3, Dave_Jessie:.1, James:.1
, Tom_Van_Flandern:.1, Bill_Miller:.1, proehling:.1
, Jean_marc:.1, Starlord:.1, Bob_Myers:.1, Dionysus:.1
, Kevin_Cunningham:.1, harmony:.1, Rick_Evans:.1
, John_Christiansen:.1, Stupendous_Man:.1, Neil_Bates:.1
, Bad_Ass_Chumley:.1 )

[rest snipped for brevity]

#191,
Useless C++ Programming Idea #12995733:
bool f(bool g, bool h) { if(g) h = true; else h = false; return h;}

Old April 27th 07, 08:26 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.usenet.kooks
Jeff…Relf

Default How many people posted to Sci.Physics last week, Mr. §ñühw¤£f ?

How many people posted to Sci.Physics last week, Mr. §ñühw¤£f ?
The 462 number is close enough for me, most people don't nymshift.

Old April 27th 07, 08:53 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.usenet.kooks
T Wake

"Jeff.Relf" wrote in message
How many people posted to Sci.Physics last week, Mr. §ñühw¤£f ?
The 462 number is close enough for me,

Yes, but we all know your "opinion" of accuracy...

most people don't nymshift.

Prove it.

Old April 28th 07, 07:10 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
[email protected]

Default Jeff

On Apr 26, 3:00 pm, wrote:
I do not want people to answer my articles. People mess up what I am
talking about. This is not an insult to Jeff. I do not want any
people to answer my articles.

You need an response to at least one of your points below.

People of these groups created their mess. People insulted people.
People talked to people who insulted people. People talked to those
people. Good people left. Physics people left. There are about 100
ideits who write articles for these groups.

Jeff is right about a lot of things - relativity - time and space are
the same - people can disagree about what is the future - a lot of
people think the future has happened

Ideits insult Jeff. Jeff is right about what relativity says. The
ideits who write articles for these groups do not understand
relativity.

I don't insult him any more. I killfiled him because he admitted he
owes a huge amount of back child support. He defends himself by saying
his kids are grown up, and that the mother took them with her when she
left him, which IMO does nothing to absolve him of his responsibility.
I have no interest in anything he has to say until he pays up.

I have no idea whether you respect my opinions, but I figure you
ought to have as much information about him as you can get to make up
your own mind.

Mark L. Fergerson

Old April 28th 07, 03:32 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.usenet.kooks
Captain Nymshift

T Wake pinched out a steaming pile
:

"Jeff.Relf" wrote in message
How many people posted to Sci.Physics last week, Mr. §ñühw¤£f ?
The 462 number is close enough for me,

Yes, but we all know your "opinion" of accuracy...

most people don't nymshift.

Prove it.

Yeah, how could anyone ever change their handle?

Jeff Bell on VSE Henry Spencer History 64 March 10th 06 12:33 AM
Jeff Bell on VSE S. Wand Policy 52 January 29th 06 11:42 AM
Jeff, why waste the time? Michael Kent Astronomy Misc 5 July 11th 05 05:00 AM
Jeff, why waste the time? Michael Kent Policy 3 July 11th 05 05:00 AM
Jeff, why waste the time? Michael Kent Policy 2 July 2nd 05 09:19 PM