Einstein was an atheist. ACTUALLY EINSTEIN WAS AN IDIOT

Old December 16th 06, 11:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

Default Speed of Flowing Space into Mass (was - Einstein was an...)

In article . com,
"Double-A" wrote:

So what is the shape of spacetime being warped in?

Does shape need a container? Besides, the same question can be asked of
your flowing space. However curved space (through the equivalence
principle) explains away gravity through the field equations. You
somehow think there needs to be a container for space.

Would you like me to point you to a GR primer? Sean Carroll's website
has an introduction to GR.

--

Just \int_0^\infty du it!

Old December 16th 06, 11:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article ,
Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:

In article . com,
"Double-A" wrote:

So what is the shape of spacetime being warped in?

Does shape need a container? Besides, the same question can be asked of
your flowing space. However curved space (through the equivalence
principle) explains away gravity through the field equations. You
somehow think there needs to be a container for space.

Would you like me to point you to a GR primer? Sean Carroll's website
has an introduction to GR.

To add a further note of explanation - spacetime curvature into a fifth
dimension (outside the three of space and one of time) means it is just
curved in that direction. Asking outside of that isn't relevant because
we are restricted to space and time?

Read "Flatland"

--

Just \int_0^\infty du it!

Old December 16th 06, 11:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:
In article ,
Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:

In article . com,
"Double-A" wrote:

So what is the shape of spacetime being warped in?

Does shape need a container? Besides, the same question can be asked of
your flowing space. However curved space (through the equivalence
principle) explains away gravity through the field equations. You
somehow think there needs to be a container for space.

Would you like me to point you to a GR primer? Sean Carroll's website
has an introduction to GR.

To add a further note of explanation - spacetime curvature into a fifth
dimension (outside the three of space and one of time) means it is just
curved in that direction. Asking outside of that isn't relevant because
we are restricted to space and time?

Read "Flatland"

--

Just \int_0^\infty du it!

Hang around here and you might learn some things they didn't teach you
in your GR primer.

Double-A

Old December 16th 06, 11:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
honestjohn[_1_]

"Phineas T Puddleduck" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"honestjohn" wrote:

If that were true, we would still be centuries ahead of you!

Well played D-A! You got P-P on the run and damp!

HJ

Oh god, another imbecile. You lot interbred or something?

Thanks for the lame, P-P. May I have another?

HJ

Old December 17th 06, 12:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article . com,
"Double-A" wrote:

Hang around here and you might learn some things they didn't teach you
in your GR primer.

Double-A

I doubt it very much. Considering you don't even know SFA about
non-euclidean geoemtry, I doubt a bunch of people pretending to be some
sort of pseudo sci-fi star trek group could teach anyone anything...

--

Just \int_0^\infty du it!

Old December 17th 06, 12:05 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

"honestjohn" wrote:

If that were true, we would still be centuries ahead of you!

Well played D-A! You got P-P on the run and damp!

HJ

Oh god, another imbecile. You lot interbred or something?

Thanks for the lame, P-P. May I have another?

HJ

Nah, you haven't earned it yet.

--

Just \int_0^\infty du it!

Old December 17th 06, 01:44 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:
In article . com,
"Double-A" wrote:

Hang around here and you might learn some things they didn't teach you
in your GR primer.

Double-A

I doubt it very much. Considering you don't even know SFA about
non-euclidean geoemtry, I doubt a bunch of people pretending to be some
sort of pseudo sci-fi star trek group could teach anyone anything...

--

Just \int_0^\infty du it!

As a matter of fact, I used to have a non-Euclidean pool table. I got
to be quite good at it.

By the way, you might start by learning the proper capitalization in
the term "non-Euclidean".

Double-A

Old December 17th 06, 02:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article om,
"Double-A" wrote:

As a matter of fact, I used to have a non-Euclidean pool table. I got
to be quite good at it.

By the way, you might start by learning the proper capitalization in
the term "non-Euclidean".

Double-A

If the best you can manage is the fact I wrote e not E, well then that
speaks volumes about your stupidity.

--

Just \int_0^\infty du it!

Old December 17th 06, 03:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy
honestjohn[_1_]

"honestjohn" wrote:

If that were true, we would still be centuries ahead of you!

Well played D-A! You got P-P on the run and damp!

HJ

Oh god, another imbecile. You lot interbred or something?

Thanks for the lame, P-P. May I have another?

HJ

Nah, you haven't earned it yet.

Oh, I'm crushed!

runs away

Old December 17th 06, 04:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

Double-A wrote:
Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:

In article ,
Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:

In article . com,
"Double-A" wrote:

So what is the shape of spacetime being warped in?

Does shape need a container? Besides, the same question can be asked of
your flowing space. However curved space (through the equivalence
principle) explains away gravity through the field equations. You
somehow think there needs to be a container for space.

Would you like me to point you to a GR primer? Sean Carroll's website
has an introduction to GR.

To add a further note of explanation - spacetime curvature into a fifth
dimension (outside the three of space and one of time) means it is just
curved in that direction. Asking outside of that isn't relevant because
we are restricted to space and time?

Read "Flatland"

--

Just \int_0^\infty du it!

Commander Double-A
Hang around here and you might learn some things they didn't teach you
in your GR primer.

Double-A

nightbat

Please Commander don't encourage quacks like Puddles to
continue to make noise in this or any other net serious science
newsgroups, we have enough interruptions with the regular clueless auk
ones. Ducky needs to find more birds of his feather at the park or zoo
not on one of the most Worlds respected science newsgroups on the net.
His affinity for fantasy is noted so maybe he can get a part on the
Sesame Big Yellow Bird show they like quacking ducks over there.

On a more serious note how are you holding up with deteriorating
conditions at your duty station? Understand thousands are left without
power for days deaths being reported and could possible be another
Katrina like disaster brewing.

over and out,
the nightbat

EINSTEIN DIDN'T KNOW WHY ACE Astronomy Misc 0 November 28th 05 07:07 PM
Calling Einstein bluff .. OK AGAIN with CApItaLS CALLING EINSTEIN BLUFF, MEASURING OWLS ftl_freak Astronomy Misc 0 October 6th 05 04:48 PM
Calling Einstein bluff .. OK AGAIN with CApItaLS CALLING EINSTEIN BLUFF, MEASURING OWLS ftl_freak Astronomy Misc 0 October 6th 05 04:09 PM
Einstein Tom Kirke Astronomy Misc 10 June 1st 05 10:13 PM
Einstein Tom Kirke Amateur Astronomy 11 June 1st 05 10:13 PM