Defending Velikovsky

Old August 21st 04, 02:35 PM
Ed Conrad

Default Defending Velikovsky

On Mon, 02 Jun 1997, William Sommerwerck
wrote to sci.astro:

More on "The Velikovsky Affair":

Wrote Alfred De Grazia, the book's author:

With rare imagination and consummate skill, he (Velikovsky) fashioned
them into theories of great scope, compactness, and integration.

Sommerwreck:

Just the opposite. Most of Velikovsky's theories are complex and
arbitrary. They ignore basic, well-understood scientific principles,
and have things happening because they are "supposed" to, without
ordinary cause and effect.

If you have not read "Worlds in Collusion," please do so. It's utter
garbage from beginning to end.

Just because the scientific community has its share of "deceit,
deception, collusion and conspiracy," doesn't mean that Velikovksy
had anything worth contributing. Conventional scientific theories
do not have to be right for Velikovsky to be wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ed Conrad wrote:

You, sir, are entitled to your opinion.
And, obviously, it is all wet.

It is fact -- not fiction -- that Immanuel Velikovsky will forever
rank as one of the most brilliant "scientists" of the 20th century,
an investigative reporter if there ever was one.

After all these years, Velikovsky's asute -- and correct --
observations about the earth's prehistory remain a beacon of truth
in contrast to fiction and fabrication offered by Birds of a Feather
Who Sleep Together.

Anyone with an inkling of common sense, a dash of basic integrity
and a dab of human decency KNOWS Velikovsky was pounced on
unmercifully by establishment pseudoscientists weighed down by tons
upon tons of vested interests they simply had to protect.

But one of your comments above definitely deserves merit.

You are correct when stating that "most of Velikovsky's theories are
complex and arbitrary. They ignore basic, well-understood scientific
principles.."

And they certainly should!

That's obviously because many of those "basic, well-understood
scientific principles" have no basis in fact.

For just one example, I point to your Darwinian theory of man's
inhuman origin -- your iron-clad claim that our ancesteors had evolved
from a cat-size monkeylike insectivore of 60-65 million years ago.

Let's have some undeniable physical evidence of this incredible
transition, Mr. Sommerwerck?

All I have ever encountered hasve been rhetoric. Would you kindly
provide some evidence? ANY evidence? I'd gladly settle for enough
to fit on the head of a pin.

In contrast, the petrified human remains -- bones, teeth AND soft
organs discovered between Pennsylvania's anthracite veins (SEE BELOW)
-- offer the undeniable physical evidence that man was around while
coal was being ormed.

Unfortunately, our far-remote ancestors were virtually annihiliated
during one of several of earth's atmospheric-related catastrophes that
the great Velikovsky had written about in "Worlds in Collision" and
"Earth in Upheaval," his wake-up call to his fellow man.

Proof you want, proof you get...

MAN AS OLD AS COAL
Petrified Bones, Teeth and Soft Organs
(Some Human) Found Between Coal Veins

OLDEST HUMAN SKULL EVER FOUND
http://www.edconrad.com/images/z11calv.jpg
http://www.edconrad.com/images/krogwskull.jpg

Wilton Krogman, one of the world's foremost experts
on human anatomy, holds what he had identified as
a petrified human calvarium, a skull with the eye
sockets broken off, that was discovered between
Pennsylvania's anthracite veins. He is shown at his
desk at the Cooper Clinic in Lancaster, Pa., where
moments later he beckoned a colleague -- a medical
doctor -- to examine "the oldest human skull ever
found."

A CATscan was performed on this specimen with
favorable results.

http://www.edconrad.com/images/catcalv.jpg

Meanwhile, Haversian canals were identified in the
cell structue, the tell-tale sign of bone. And dried
blood was found on the specimen during testing at
American Medical Laboratories in Chantilly, Va.

This is the official report from AML which had
erformed Calculus Analysis by Crystallography.
The final report, dated April 21, 2000, was issued
by Dr. Nathan Sherman, director of laboratories.

"The specimen consists of 1 irregularly
shaped, brown calculus weighing less
than 0.0010 grams and measuring 1X1X0.5
mm. No nidus is observed. The calculi
indicates a composition of dried blood
intermingled with a few small crystals
resembling calcium oxalate dihydrate."

http://www.edconrad.com/images/z12calv.jpg

http://www.edconrad.com/images/z13cav.jpg

OTHER PETRIFIED BONES, TEETH AND
SOFT ORGANS FOUND BETWEEN COAL VEINS
Here'sa petrified human femur still embedded in slate.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/z8femur.jpg

Here's a petrified human finger, with fingernail:
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/FINGER/MVC-008S.JPG
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/FINGER/MVC-011S.JPG

Here's a petrified human toe (with toe nail), found only
10-15 feet from the petrified finger.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Au29/MVC-017S.JPG

Here are the petrified human finger and the petrified
human toe shown together.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Au29/MVC-016S.JPG

Here's the specimen that Krogman identified as a tibia
It contains Haversian canals, proof of bone, and dried
blood was found on it during testing at American Medical
Laboratories. This is the specimen that was fraudulently
tested by Andrew MacRae who produced microscopic photos
of the cell structure of a rock on the false pretext
that he was showing the cell structure of this specimen.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/newtibia.jpg

This is the boulder containing the complete human skull.
Testing has confirmed the presence of Haversian canals
and American Medical Laboratories discovered it contains
dried blood.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/skullb.jpg

Here's a petrified human mandible (frontal).
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Newpix5/MVC-002S.JPG

Here's a portion of a human mandible (side).
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Bones/MVC-006S.JPG

Here's a giant petrified tooth.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/1tooth.jpg

Here's a petrified dinosaur foot still embedded in slate.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Newpix3/z3dino.jpg

Here's a petrified fetus of some large animal.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/MVC-013F.JPG

Here's another petrified fetus, still embedded in slate.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Day/MVC-005S.JPG

Here are several views of portion of a giant prehistoric
scorpion identified as such by Krogman.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Scorpion/MVC-001S.JPG
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Scorpion/MVC-010S.JPG
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Scorpion/MVC-020S.JPG

Here's a photo of the same portion of a petrified giant
scorpion -- found 22 years ago -- alongside one found
weeks ago.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/SCORPIONS/MVC-039S.JPG

Here are two views of a piece of wood that appears to have
been handcarved for use as a tool or a weapon.
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Tool/MVC-003S.JPG
http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Tool/MVC-005S.JPG

LATEST DISCOVERIES: NEW Petrified Human Finger, Thumb

http://mysite.verizon.net/edconrad/O11/MVC-038S.JPG
http://mysite.verizon.net/edconrad/O11/MVC-037S.JPG

Old August 21st 04, 05:46 PM
Rev. 11D Ricardo MadGello

"Ed Conrad" wrote in message
http://www.edconrad.com/images/krogwskull.jpg

They sure had extra thick skulls way back when.
I can think of quite a few people today like this.

Here's a petrified human toe (with toe nail), found only
10-15 feet from the petrified finger.

They sure were extra tall way back when.
Why such a large margin of error in this scientific measurement?

Old August 21st 04, 10:26 PM
John Kepler

It is fact -- not fiction -- that Immanuel Velikovsky will forever
rank as one of the most brilliant "scientists" of the 20th century,
an investigative reporter if there ever was one.

Why isn't it surprising that a self-caricature like "Coal Man" Ed would have
a crack-pot like Velikovsky as a mentor! Bad apples never seem to fall far
from the tree! And the poor bugger wonders why no one with any stature
takes him seriously!

A serious question for the Group.....to anyone's knowledge, has Ed ever been
a guest on the Art Bell All-Night Amateur Hour...or is the Coal Man too far
gone for even Art's "Cafe de Loon"?

John

Old August 21st 04, 10:44 PM
Jaxtraw

"John Kepler" wrote in message
It is fact -- not fiction -- that Immanuel Velikovsky will forever
rank as one of the most brilliant "scientists" of the 20th century,
an investigative reporter if there ever was one.

Why isn't it surprising that a self-caricature like "Coal Man" Ed would

have
a crack-pot like Velikovsky as a mentor! Bad apples never seem to fall

far
from the tree! And the poor bugger wonders why no one with any stature
takes him seriously!

I think even Velikovsky, were he alive, would try to distance himself from
Ed. I read World In Collision as a kiddie, and IIRC the "hypotheses"
presented therein bore little resemblance to Ed's fundamentalist
meanderings. I think Ed's picked up on the idea from Velikovsky that Venus
(as a comet) wrapped its tail round the earth and deposited large amounts of
hydrocarbons (causing the biblical plague of darkness). But since that
happened only a few thousand years ago, "man as old as coal" would mean "man
as old as Egypt" which doesn't really work, does it?

A serious question for the Group.....to anyone's knowledge, has Ed ever

been
a guest on the Art Bell All-Night Amateur Hour...or is the Coal Man too

far
gone for even Art's "Cafe de Loon"?

Being a Brit (I come from Ekland, har har), I've never seen this fabulous
show, but am I right in thinking that one needs some kind of a following to
get on it, like Hoaxland? AFAICT nobody believes Ed but Ed himself.

Ian

--
____________________
A quality online comic strip for the discerning reader.

http://www.jaxtrawstudios.com

Old August 21st 04, 11:17 PM
John Kepler

Being a Brit (I come from Ekland, har har), I've never seen this fabulous
show, but am I right in thinking that one needs some kind of a following

get on it, like Hoaxland? AFAICT nobody believes Ed but Ed himself.

Art Bell is a US radio talk-show host that has/had a syndicated All-Night
"Alternative" Radio Show, largely populated by conspiracy theorists and
those folks just certain that the Lost Continent of Atlantis was beamed up
into the Starship Enterprise sometime in the 1970's by "Scotty" and "Captain
Kirk" at the behest of the CIA and the "Tri-Lateral Commission", financed by
the Templars and the Free-Masons!

It's jolly good fun for those of us that
are forced by our employers to be active in the middle of the freaking
night, and are unable to find a baseball game or even some interesting AM
static on the radio as we, aided by large doses of caffeine, do war with our
natural
circadian rhythms in an effort to stay gainfully employed!

Cordially,

John

Old August 22nd 04, 02:36 AM
DrPostman

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:26:47 GMT, "John Kepler"
wrote:

It is fact -- not fiction -- that Immanuel Velikovsky will forever
rank as one of the most brilliant "scientists" of the 20th century,
an investigative reporter if there ever was one.

Why isn't it surprising that a self-caricature like "Coal Man" Ed would have
a crack-pot like Velikovsky as a mentor! Bad apples never seem to fall far
from the tree! And the poor bugger wonders why no one with any stature
takes him seriously!

A serious question for the Group.....to anyone's knowledge, has Ed ever been
a guest on the Art Bell All-Night Amateur Hour...or is the Coal Man too far
gone for even Art's "Cafe de Loon"?

John

It is one of Ed's favorite fantasies to get on one of the kookshows.
He's too credulous even for any of them, and that's pretty sad.

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member
#15-51506-253. AFA-B Official Pollster.
You can email me at: DrJaiMaharajFraud(at)hotmail.com

"Prooves your a idiot!"
- Ferrt displays his brilliance
Old August 22nd 04, 02:42 AM
DrPostman

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:17:14 GMT, "John Kepler"
wrote:

[...]

I listened to Bell in the early 90s up till he started doing the woo
woo stuff every night. I couldn't take it any more. Love Line
provides far better entertainment, and doesn't make my brain
hurt like the following:

Caller: Art, I think I know what causes El Nino

Art: Go ahead, we're open to all ideas.

Caller: Art, you never heard of this El Nino stuff until
the last few years, and I think all the nuclear testing
done in the Pacific in the 50's caused it.

Art: Sounds as reasonable as what so called scientists would
have us believe.

I have also heard Bell espouse that the cause of spontaneous
human combustion could be lighting farts.

He was dead serious when he said that.

#15-51506-253. AFA-B Official Pollster.