What's with all the ET and Pyramids on the Moon junk?

Old August 11th 04, 02:35 AM
Highland

Default What's with all the ET and Pyramids on the Moon junk?

This used to be a nice little site devoted to all things astronomy. Lately
it seems to be dominated by the "Art Bell" kooks... don't get me wrong
that's great and all, but frankly I come here to learn a little astronomy
and its' associated equipment. 'Frinstance I may be new but man that new
Orion 12" Dob has me salivating.

Regards,
Chuck

Old August 11th 04, 08:26 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message nJeSc.241018$IQ4.151730@attbi_s02, Highland
writes
This used to be a nice little site devoted to all things astronomy. Lately
it seems to be dominated by the "Art Bell" kooks... don't get me wrong
that's great and all, but frankly I come here to learn a little astronomy
and its' associated equipment. 'Frinstance I may be new but man that new
Orion 12" Dob has me salivating.

It's currently being dominated by one kook. Happens all the time,
unfortunately. They come, and usually they go away after a while. I
gather that sci.astro.amateur has much less of it, but meanwhile stay
around and keep your kill file hot!

Old August 11th 04, 08:57 AM
starlord

Try out Sci.Astro.Am, while a few drift down to there, they get killfiled
faster too.

--

"And for the second time in four million years, the monolith awoke."
Arthur C.Clarke 2062dyssey three

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Blast Off Cybershop
http://www.cafeshops.com/starlords
In the Garden Gift Shop
http://www.cafeshops.com/InGarden
Astronomy-net shop
http://www.cafeshops.com/Astronomy_net
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

"Highland" wrote in message
This used to be a nice little site devoted to all things astronomy.

Lately
it seems to be dominated by the "Art Bell" kooks... don't get me wrong
that's great and all, but frankly I come here to learn a little astronomy
and its' associated equipment. 'Frinstance I may be new but man that new
Orion 12" Dob has me salivating.

Regards,
Chuck

---

Old August 11th 04, 10:05 AM
Paul Lawler

"Jonathan Silverlight"
wrote in message ...
In message nJeSc.241018$IQ4.151730@attbi_s02, Highland
writes
This used to be a nice little site devoted to all things astronomy.

Lately
it seems to be dominated by the "Art Bell" kooks... don't get me

wrong
that's great and all, but frankly I come here to learn a little

astronomy
and its' associated equipment. 'Frinstance I may be new but man that

new
Orion 12" Dob has me salivating.

It's currently being dominated by one kook. Happens all the time,
unfortunately. They come, and usually they go away after a while. I
gather that sci.astro.amateur has much less of it, but meanwhile stay
around and keep your kill file hot!

The big difference on sci.astro.amateur is that many of its denizens
(myself included) have taken a pledge not to respond to trolls in that
newgroup.

Old August 11th 04, 01:37 PM
anon

Why you assume he was refering to you?