Min's Planetary-Awareness Technique - Part 2

Old June 23rd 03, 02:37 PM
beavith

Default Min's Planetary-Awareness Technique - Part 2

snip because i agree

Obviously if we accept that it was do-able back then, then it begs the
question about why thought hasn't gone into making use of the moon as
a launch platform in subsequent years. The recent launch of the Mars
missions is an example of my thinking - from news stories I read a
short time ago they had to trim the weight of the orbiters and landers
because of the restrictions imposed by the ability of the rockets to
get the things into space. If the same missions had been started from
the moon then the rocket could presumably have carried 6 times as much
payload.

Andrew

Problems scheduling resources? Check out
KazPlan Enterprise and Personal Editions!
at http://www.kazmax.co.uk/OurSoftware.asp

it remains doable today. the question is where will the money and the
political will to get that money come from? democrats? nope. they are
absolutely rudderless. republicans? nope. too busy feeding at the
trough. what now?