mating Radian eyepiece to digital camera

Old December 9th 03, 01:22 PM
Gary

Default mating Radian eyepiece to digital camera

Has anyone tried out the Tele Vue Radian eyepieces on their digital
camera? I am wondering how well Tele Vue's Radian digital camera adapter
works. I have an 8mm Radian which I might use on my 12" f/6 reflector
for close up lunar shots. So I was wondering if the Radian eyepieces,
with their long eye relief, are a good match for doing afocal photography
with digital cameras.

Thanks in advance.

-Gary
Old December 9th 03, 03:29 PM
Michael A. Covington

"Gary" wrote in message
Has anyone tried out the Tele Vue Radian eyepieces on their digital
camera? I am wondering how well Tele Vue's Radian digital camera adapter
works. I have an 8mm Radian which I might use on my 12" f/6 reflector
for close up lunar shots. So I was wondering if the Radian eyepieces,
with their long eye relief, are a good match for doing afocal photography
with digital cameras.

Optically, the Radian eyepieces should be ideal. I have not tried the
adapter.

Zoom your camera to medium telephoto (slightly past mid-range) for best
results.

--
Clear skies,

Michael Covington -- www.covingtoninnovations.com
and (new) How to Use a Computerized Telescope

Old December 9th 03, 08:02 PM
Bob May

Basically the question is: Can I mate my camera to X eyepiece?
The basic answer is that unless the EP is something very unusual, it will
produce a parallel beam of light and that is what the camera needs to focus
onto the focal plane of the imaging medium.
As to the usefulness of any particular support of a camera with any
particular design of camera holder, some fit, some don't with any particular
camera. You will have to try it out to make sure that the camera sits at
the right place.

--
Bob May
Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less.

Old December 9th 03, 08:16 PM
Bill Becker

The TV digital camera adapter works well with a lot of oculars...my Radian
18mm, Panoptic 22 and 35 mm, Meade 14mm UWA..

I've even managed to get decent shots using a 30mm Ultrascopic...

Start clicking....now.

Best regards,
Bill