New "Rig" Online!

Old November 5th 08, 09:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default New "Rig" Online!

I am now posting coutesy Safway's wi~fi wireless Internet access using
the new Toshiba Satellite laptop that oc sent me! Everything is
working great!

Thanks a million, Bill!

No 3 mile hike through the rain to the library today! Just a 1 mile
walk carrying a computer. But this is much better and there is no 1
hour limit on my access time. The keyboard will take a little getting
used to (the delete key is in a completely defferent position, etc.)
Using a touch pad instead of a mouse is a new skill to acquire.
Actually, this is the first laptop I have used, believe it or not.
Windows Vista is behaving, although there already seem to be a few
quirks. First time I've used that too.

For the most part I am thoroughly enjoying my new computing
experience! Safeway is going to be seeing a lot more of me, but I am
already a good customer (I actually buy things here), so it should be
OK.

Thanks again, oc!

Double-A

Old November 5th 08, 09:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On Nov 5, 12:05*pm, Double-A wrote:
I am now posting coutesy Safway's wi~fi wireless Internet access using
the new Toshiba Satellite laptop! *Everything is
working great! No 3 mile hike through the rain to the library today! *Just a 1 mile
walk carrying a computer. *But this is much better and there is no 1
hour limit on my access time. *The keyboard will take a little getting
used to (the delete key is in a completely defferent position, etc.)
Using a touch pad instead of a mouse is a new skill to acquire.
Actually, this is the first laptop I have used, believe it or not.
Windows Vista is behaving, although there already seem to be a few
quirks. *First time I've used that too.

For the most part I am thoroughly enjoying my new computing
experience! *Safeway is going to be seeing a lot more of me, but I am
already a good customer (I actually buy things here), so it should be
OK.

Dude! Aright. Good to hear. Hope the new rig will help you find needed
resources, job connections etc. Hell, transitioning to a mouse was a
new trip for me after the old laptop's touch pad. :-)

Old November 5th 08, 10:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Nov 5, 12:32*pm, oldcoot wrote:
[...]

Have used a trackball before, but not a touch pad. Of course, I can
remember the days before the mouse (DOS) when I couldn't imagine what
a mouse would be good for. Lots of key combinations to remember back
then, and little standardization. Yes, this rig should make available
to me the resources I need. Thanks again!

Double-A

Old November 5th 08, 11:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff▲Relf[_31_]

Default Did you call Oregon's Public Benefits Hotline ( 1-800-520-5292 ) ?

OldCoot did something I though I'd never see on Usenet,
a genuinely selfless act ― I respect him for that.

Did you call Oregon's Public Benefits Hotline ( 1-800-520-5292 )
to ask the “ Addictions and Mental Health Division ( AMH ) ” for:
“ assistance in finding and maintaining housing, and work ” ?

I see you're now using Google on IE7 on Windows Vista at 66.93.40.72,
DSL.SpeakEasy.NET ( a Seattle-based ISP ).
Why does your Safeway have WiFi ? is there a Starbucks attached to it ?

Be careful around those downtown shelters,
they'll steal everything you have in a New York minute.

I'm feeling much better now, my nose has stopped running.
Perhaps I was allergic to all the elections coverage .. hmm.
I did my laundry ( about time ! ), took a shower, etc.

Old November 6th 08, 02:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double A Seems oc gave you the right fishing pole. Find work(any job
right now would do) Do not worry right away if you are getting $606 a
month and have a job. Keep in mind nursing homes take money from
patients,and also get another check from the government,and that is big
time fraud. Reality is its part of the corrupt governmental system that
needs CHANGING TreBert

Old November 6th 08, 10:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Nov 5, 2:34 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:
OldCoot did something I though I'd never see on Usenet,
a genuinely selfless act -- I respect him for that.

He is the greatest! But there have been other unselfish acts here, as
when people sent money to Twittering. She still needs help by the
way.

Did you call Oregon's Public Benefits Hotline ( 1-800-520-5292 )
to ask the " Addictions and Mental Health Division ( AMH ) " for:
" assistance in finding and maintaining housing, and work " ?

Not yet.

I see you're now using Google on IE7 on Windows Vista at 66.93.40.72,
DSL.SpeakEasy.NET ( a Seattle-based ISP ).
Why does your Safeway have WiFi ? is there a Starbucks attached to it ?

Yes. I guess that's why there is a seating area.

Be careful around those downtown shelters,
they'll steal everything you have in a New York minute.

I'm feeling much better now, my nose has stopped running.
Perhaps I was allergic to all the elections coverage .. hmm.
I did my laundry ( about time ! ), took a shower, etc.

My nose was running like that a couple weeks ago, just after my ears
plugged up. They are still plugged! If that 40% of my hearing
doesn't come back, I will apply for an SSI benefit on that basis. I
wouldn't let that opportunity slip by. There is always a silver
lining!

Double-A
Old November 6th 08, 11:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Nov 6, 5:43*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Double A *Seems oc gave you the right fishing pole.

He gave me the means to fin d a job in my profession, if they don't
mind hiring a scruffy looking guy in dirty clothes who smells bad, and
has no transportation except public.

Find work(any job
right now would do)

My body doesn't feel up to doing heavy labor anymore. Many people my
age get to be retired. I am getting old, you know. My eyes aren't so
clear, and I have no glasses. Half my hearing left me a couple weeks
ago and hasn't yet come back. Everyone sounds like they're talking
far away.

Do not worry right away if you are getting $606 a
month and have a job. *Keep in mind nursing homes take money from
patients,and also get another check from the government,and that is big
time fraud. Reality is its part of the corrupt governmental system that
needs CHANGING * TreBert

I remember talking to my grandfather when he was about 97 in a nursing
home. He was happy there and was popular among the codgers. He said
he never did care much about that working stuff. He had arranged his
financial afairs, tranferring his farm to a son years before, so that
the government had to pay for all his nursing home
care. And this all without the help of a financial planner!

Double-A

Old November 7th 08, 02:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

NOT being able to hear is a BENEFIT, DA! lmao!

Saul Levy

Old November 7th 08, 01:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double A Go into any hospital and get your hearing checked out.(they
can not turn you away) I did but claimed my hearing lose was due to old
age. Here is what I did and got about 20% better, Mix vinegar and
rubbing alcohol and put a few drops in. I got to hear low notes better.
Trebert

Old November 8th 08, 12:08 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

If you'd drank that, BEERTbrain, it would have been even better!
lmfjao!

Saul Levy