Loop Gravity and the Bouncing Universe

Old October 28th 08, 08:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default Loop Gravity and the Bouncing Universe

On Oct 26, 7:47*pm, (oldcoot) wrote:
Hey AA
* * * * * * *Is your situation such that you could receive parcels via
General Delivery? What ameneties are you most in need of? If some Santa
wanted to send you a brand new notebook computer, would you be able to
use it at places like internet kiosks etc?
* * * * * * * *Shoot an e-mail, unmunge first.
Bill(oc)

oldcoot7074 at sbcglobal dot net

(I'm sending this via the old Webbie rig since there's no telling when
the !@#$%^&* GG will be functional again.) *

What I need is a laptop/notebook computer that is Wi-Fi ready, and I
can use it in any number of stores around here that provide free
Internet access. Doesn't have to be new, but recent enough to be Wi-
Fi compatible. I can be reached at the email address on my posts and
I can give an address at a postal store where I have a private postal
box and can receive deliveries. Thanks!

Double-A
Old October 28th 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default A helping-hand fund for AA (Was.. )

On Oct 27, 11:31*am, (oldcoot) wrote:
Well the rig is sittin' here ready to ship, just need an address
whenever AA shows up.
* * * * * It's a nice little 15" diagonal Toshiba with built-in WiFi
connectivity, and Windows Vista. *
* * * * * * * I'd like to challenge AA's other kindred spirits here to
pitch in with a little helping hand till he's 'over the hump' and in a
better situation. *

Bill(oc)

oldcoot7074 at sbcglobal dot net

Thanks a million! The library computer is kicking me off right now,
but I'll be in touch tomorrow!

Double-A

Old October 29th 08, 12:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff▲Relf[_31_]

Default Year after year, no matter what, Individual.NET runs like a top.

When the market is down, so is Google Groups.
What, with the layoffs, elections and all, G.G. must be overloaded.
In my opinion, G.G. is worth less than what people pay for it.

Year after year, no matter what, Individual.NET runs like a top.

Old October 29th 08, 03:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On Oct 28, 12:03 pm, Double-A wrote:net

The library computer is kicking me off right now,
but I'll be in touch tomorrow!

'Lo AA. Here's your computer -
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Toshi...oductDetail.do

It's never been unboxed, and will be double-boxed for shipping, and
insured. Sales slip will be included for warranty purposes.

It was listed in the store as a 'notebook' but the website calls it a
laptop. Not sure what the difference is.

My first 'real' computer was likewise a Toshiba 'Satellite', a laptop.
Eventually traded it in on a desktop. Hope this'n serves you well,
amigo.

Old October 29th 08, 01:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff▲Relf[_31_]

Default Double-A's “ Toshiba Satellite L305-S5891 15.4" Widescreen Laptop ”.

Double-A's “ Toshiba Satellite L305-S5891 15.4" Widescreen Laptop ”.

It's 4 to 8 times better than the desktop PC I have; it has:
• Intel Pentium Dual-Core T3200 • 160GB hard drive • Media card reader
• Built-in 802.11bg wireless • Dial-up modem • 3 USB slots, no Firewire
• 2 Giga Bytes of DDR2 memory ( 4 GB max ), .8 Giga Hz max

• a 1,280 x 800 pixel screen ( WXGA, 16:9 aspect ratio, )
• .13 to .83 Giga Bytes of video/system memory, shared, on PCI Express
• Sun Java 2 Runtime Environment • Burns DVDs and CDs

• 10.6 x 14.5 x 1.5 inches, 5.5 lbs.
• 75 Watt AC adapter, 6-cell Lithium Ion battery
• warranty: 12 months parts and labor
• 14-day return policy, 15 percent restocking fee

And, at CircuitCity.COM, it's 450 USD plus shipping ( twice shipped ).
CircuitCity said:
“ Data travels to the processor along the frontside bus.
The faster data travels, the faster everything works.
This laptop features a [ .667 Giga Hz ] frontside bus. ”

DDR2 SDRAM gives four transfers per clock tick.
Reviewers gave it 4.6 out of 5 ( excellent );
the wide screen was the weak point, it seems.

“ Processors search for the same data over and over.
L2 caches keep this data neat, organized, and nearby
so it can be retrieved more quickly.

This 1MB L2 cache provides a boost in performance. ”

Old October 29th 08, 07:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Oct 28, 4:30 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:
When the market is down, so is Google Groups.
What, with the layoffs, elections and all, G.G. must be overloaded.
In my opinion, G.G. is worth less than what people pay for it.

Year after year, no matter what, Individual.NET runs like a top.

Maybe they shouldn't have laid off all those maintenance technicians.

Double-A

Old October 29th 08, 07:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

'Lo AA. Here's your computer -http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Toshiba-Satellite-L305-S5891-15-4-Wide...

It's never been unboxed, and will be double-boxed for shipping, and
insured. Sales slip will be included for warranty purposes.

It was listed in the store as a 'notebook' but the website calls it a
laptop. Not sure what the difference is.

My first 'real' computer was likewise a Toshiba 'Satellite', a laptop.
Eventually traded it in on a desktop. Hope this'n serves you well,
amigo.

That looks great, oc. You are very generous. I will email you my
personal mail box mailing address. Honest John just mailed me a coat
and it came through just fine. (Thanks HJ) This computer might be
just what I need to dig myself out of this hole, allow me to do
serious job searches, and submit resumes. Thank you very, very much
oc!

Double-A

Old October 29th 08, 08:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On Oct 29, 10:53*am, Double-A wrote:
*I will email you my
personal mail box mailing address. *Honest John just mailed me a coat
and it came through just fine. *(Thanks HJ) *This computer might be
just what I need to dig myself out of this hole, allow me to do
serious job searches, and submit resumes. *Thank you very, very much

De nada, amigo. Pass on the favor when you have the opportunity. It'll
ship this afternoon. An envelope is enclosed with the sales receipt
and a little 'pin money' for you.

Old October 29th 08, 08:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Oct 29, 12:18*pm, oldcoot wrote:
On Oct 29, 10:53*am, Double-A wrote:*I will email you my
personal mail box mailing address. *Honest John just mailed me a coat
and it came through just fine. *(Thanks HJ) *This computer might be
just what I need to dig myself out of this hole, allow me to do
serious job searches, and submit resumes. *Thank you very, very much

De nada, amigo. Pass on the favor when you have the opportunity. It'll
ship this afternoon. An envelope is enclosed with the sales receipt
and a little 'pin money' for you.

Thanks a bunch!

Double-A

Old November 1st 08, 07:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Oct 28, 7:31*pm, oldcoot wrote:
On Oct 28, 12:03 pm, Double-A wrote:net

The library computer is kicking me off right now,
but I'll be in touch tomorrow!

'Lo AA. Here's your computer -http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Toshiba-Satellite-L305-S5891-15-4-Wide...

It's never been unboxed, and will be double-boxed for shipping, and
insured. Sales slip will be included for warranty purposes.

It was listed in the store as a 'notebook' but the website calls it a
laptop. Not sure what the difference is.

My first 'real' computer was likewise a Toshiba 'Satellite', a laptop.
Eventually traded it in on a desktop. Hope this'n serves you well,
amigo.

I saw some Toshiba Satelite 15.4" screen lap top similar models on
display in the Office Depot store next to the bookstore where I hang
out. They look awesome! I can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks ever
so much!

Double-A