celestron c8-n questions

Old September 13th 03, 03:38 AM
brian

Default celestron c8-n questions

I'm planning on buying a celestron c8-n after a lot of research. But...
I'd like to hear from folks who actually own one. Are you happy with it?
Any problems? Would you suggest any accessories that I should look at? I
thank you all for any info you can share.

Brian-
Old September 25th 03, 03:22 AM
Nagi Mei

As a novice star gazer, I recently purchased a Celestron NexStar GT 114.
The telescope is controlled with a remote and came with a couple of computer
programs. It came with a tripod and 10mm & 25mm lenses. Wish there was
more to the set like telescope case, tripod case, and stronger lenses.
That's where you have to spend about twice as much for the accessories.
Despite idea of more for a buck, I am thoroughly satisfied with the
purchase.

.. .

Old December 12th 03, 08:19 AM
Edward C. Otto III

"brian" wrote in message
.. .

I'm planning on buying a celestron c8-n after a lot of research. But...
I'd like to hear from folks who actually own one. Are you happy with it?
Any problems? Would you suggest any accessories that I should look at? I
thank you all for any info you can share.

Brian-

I recently purchased a C-8 Orange Tube used from a neophyte that had hardly
been used - well, I paid so little that I stole it, actually.

Then I paid to have the mirrors recoated and the scope reassembled and
realigned, and bought a whole bunch of other things (eyepieces, a power
cord, etc.), and spend more than 3x what I paid for it in the first place.

Wouldn't trade it for the world.

BTW: There is an optics company in Skokie, IL that does FANTASTIC work with
recoating primary and secondary mirrors. Email me and I'll send you their
name. 97.3% coatings for under $220.

Ed