Sun's Power & Violence Revealed at AGU. Cause Remains As Ever: Total Mystery!

Old December 9th 03, 06:08 AM
Wally Anglesea™

Default Sun's Power & Violence Revealed at AGU. Cause Remains As Ever: Total Mystery!

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 04:25:37 +0000 (UTC), "Michael McNeil"
wrote:

I see you took this special time to demonstrate you ignorance. Well
done.

"Wally Anglesea™" wrote in
message

For Mr. McNeil. Maybe he'll learn something about the sun, and realise
seismology doesn't cause sunspots. Not that he ever said thet did, mate.
Fair go.
New discoveries about the elusive rules governing the
sun's most violent phenomena .....

A team of solar scientists led by Dr. James Chen of the Naval
Research Library has confirmed the basic anatomy of massive
solar eruptions called Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs) is a
twisted magnetic structure called a "magnetic flux rope," as
first hypothesized over 10 years ago.

A team, ... found a close
relationship between the rate of the release of magnetic
energy, ...and the acceleration of CMEs.

CMEs are billion-ton eruptions of electrically charged-gas
(plasma) in the sun's atmosphere (corona)... Solar flares are giant
explosions that spew radiation and result in the heating of
solar gas and the acceleration of particles to nearly the
speed of light.

Nice definition of radiation there.

English doesn't seem to be your first language does it?

There is no definition of Radiation in that paragraph.

Not that if the OP knew he was being
manipulated to berate me he would have been more careful. I imagine this
was posted to an astronomy group where the make up of said radiation
from such deeply disturbed though as yet unknown origins would be
"already understood."

True. most intelligent people understand the concept. It obviously
escapes you.

Snipped irrelevance

"The most basic unanswered question regarding flux rope
models is how and when the magnetic field passing through the
area becomes highly-energetic,"

Smaller ancilliary questions like where they got started and why the
detritus from nuclear reactions at the core is absent have no
hope of an answer as of this time.

Its a sure bet they don't come from "sunquakes"
and meanwhile I ask, WHAT detritus?

"It's a bit like the explanation of the behaviour of variable stars
really." said one Hollywood source. "Sometimes you eat the oscar
sometimes the oscars eat you."

Snipped advert for more money and etc.

What? What advert?

So, Mr Angry, sir; what was the explanation then? Or did I snip it by
mistake?

No, My mistake was in thinking you could be educated, and would be
interested in what makes the sun work.

If you would like, we can go over into sci.astro.solar, and you can
give us all the benefits of your wisdom regarding what makes the sun
work, and how sunspots are related to seismicity

What are you afraid of?

Oops, alt.astro.solar. Apologies.

--
Maj. General, Fanatic Legions.
Commander of Southern Hemisphere Forces.

Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm