Slackerpedia Galactica astronomy wiki

Old January 11th 07, 06:52 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Slackerpedia Galactica astronomy wiki

Hey, all. I wanted to plug our astronomy themed wiki Slackerpedia
Galactica at this URL:

http://www.slackerastronomy.org/slac....php/Main_Page

It's been up since September and we have about 500 articles from around
87 users. The idea behind it is to create a version of Wikipedia but
themed on astronomy with both a sense of humor and factual accuracy.

We've been building the site the last few months and now we're ready to
formally promote it. This week we presented a poster on it at the 209th
AAS meeting in Seattle (which can be viewed at the URL above). Anyone
can contribute and it runs the same software as Wikipedia. So if you've
used Wikipedia, you can use our site too. We're always looking for new
users, articles, images, etc. Please consider stopping by to take a
look. Thanks!

Aaron
p/s: A sampling of some of the better pages is he
http://www.slackerastronomy.org/slac....php/Milky_Way
http://www.slackerastronomy.org/slac....php/Cosmology
http://www.slackerastronomy.org/slac...dex.php/Carbon
http://www.slackerastronomy.org/slac...x.php/Universe

Wiki for ATM Harshad Amateur Astronomy 5 August 5th 06 07:47 PM
Galactica Starlord Amateur Astronomy 2 July 14th 06 11:50 PM
Collaborative wiki - astronomy amateurs needed [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 7 May 30th 06 10:50 AM
Galactica Starlord Amateur Astronomy 6 December 17th 05 04:40 AM
[OT] Galactica sucktitude Derek Lyons History 30 December 10th 03 07:48 PM