Oort Cloud to Far Out ??

Old April 11th 05, 01:35 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Oort Cloud to Far Out ??

We know 97% of the universe's force of gravity is missing.That is a
fact. I have a gut feeling the Sun and the objects in the Oort cloud do
not have enough mutual gravity for this cloud to circle the Sun. Main
reason its to far away. This gut feeling begs the question is there
missing mass in our solar system? Our sun makes up 99% of the solar
systems mass,and yet 99% more is needed Bert

Old April 17th 05, 02:37 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Funny I got no replies on this post.Hmmm Let me arouse more
interest by asking this. Is it possible that our Sun is sharing the
Oort cloud with Alpha Centauri? If the cloud is 2LY from the Sun its
close to the half way point. Alpha Centauri being a tri-star
system begs this question Is it more massive(greater force of gravity)
than our single star(Sun)? Maybe there is a tug of war going on. Nature
loves tug of wars. Bert

Old April 17th 05, 05:40 PM
Luigi Caselli

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" ha scritto nel messaggio
Funny I got no replies on this post.Hmmm Let me arouse more
interest by asking this. Is it possible that our Sun is sharing the
Oort cloud with Alpha Centauri? If the cloud is 2LY from the Sun its
close to the half way point. Alpha Centauri being a tri-star
system begs this question Is it more massive(greater force of gravity)
than our single star(Sun)? Maybe there is a tug of war going on. Nature
loves tug of wars. Bert

Bert, this is really interesting, maybe the two star systems could share
also some comets...

Luigi Caselli

Old April 17th 05, 06:32 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Luigi Caselli
writes
"G=EMC^2 Glazier" ha scritto nel messaggio
Funny I got no replies on this post.Hmmm Let me arouse more
interest by asking this. Is it possible that our Sun is sharing the
Oort cloud with Alpha Centauri? If the cloud is 2LY from the Sun its
close to the half way point. Alpha Centauri being a tri-star
system begs this question Is it more massive(greater force of gravity)
than our single star(Sun)? Maybe there is a tug of war going on. Nature
loves tug of wars. Bert

Bert, this is really interesting, maybe the two star systems could share
also some comets...

There's good reason to think that _our_ sun doesn't have an Oort cloud,
and Proxima Centauri is just about where the alpha Centuari Kuiper belt
and Oort cloud would merge, so it's completely disrupting anything
there. The interesting thing is that _no_ interstellar comets have been
observed.
Old April 17th 05, 09:40 PM
Luigi Caselli

"Jonathan Silverlight" ha
scritto nel messaggio ...
In message , Luigi Caselli
writes
[...]

Just a crazy idea... What if the Sun and Alpha Centauri are connected with a
dark matter cloud?
So we can see only its gravitational effects. Like slowing Pioneers...

Luigi Caselli

Old April 17th 05, 09:50 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Luigi Finally added enough interest to get replies. The Oort cloud
being so far from the Sun adds to its mystery. Rock planets are close to
the Sun,and came from the highest density vortex of the nebula(near
where Sun's fusion took place. Was the Oort cloud once part of this same
area? Does the Oort cloud have a high density of hydrogen,and helium?
Can we say every solar system has an Oort cloud? If all the material
that make up the Oort cloud collapsed and made a planet ,how big would
that planet be? I know the material that comprises the Kuipler belt
would not make the size of our moon. Bert

Old April 17th 05, 10:11 PM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Funny I got no replies on this post.Hmmm Let me arouse

more
interest by asking this. Is it possible that our Sun is sharing

the
Oort cloud with Alpha Centauri? If the cloud is 2LY from the Sun its
close to the half way point. Alpha Centauri being a

tri-star
system begs this question Is it more massive(greater force of

gravity)
than our single star(Sun)? Maybe there is a tug of war going on.

Nature
loves tug of wars. Bert

The total mass of the three stars in the Centauri system is just about
exactly twice that of the Sun. So you would think that they would be
gravitationally dominant over the space up to two-thirds of the way to
the Sun.

Also it is not clear whether Proxima Centauri, which lies about
one-fifth light-year away from the other two stars, is actually
gravitationally bound to the system. It is also closer to us than the
other two.

Double-A

Old April 17th 05, 10:50 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi double-A for that information. I've been meaning to ask you this. In
the past two weeks I have not received one email regarding my posts. Get
junk email(by the ton) and email from my kids. Has Google anything to do
with my not getting over seas email any more. Bert

Old April 18th 05, 12:01 AM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi double-A for that information. I've been meaning to ask you this.

In
the past two weeks I have not received one email regarding my posts.

Get
junk email(by the ton) and email from my kids. Has Google anything to

do
with my not getting over seas email any more. Bert

I don't think so. You don't post with Google. Your email isn't with
Google. Usenet doesn't depend on Google. Your posts are still
appearing in Google. And your posts are till appearing in Google UK,
and Google Belgium.

How do I know?

I just discovered this site myself. Very interesting. You can view
Usenet through any Google in the world!

http://c.asselin.free.fr/french/googleworldwide.htm

Double-A

Old April 18th 05, 08:09 AM
Raving Loonie

... including the following ~~~ http://tinyurl.com/8yube

Sedna (2003 VB12) Ron Astronomy Misc 1 March 19th 04 11:44 AM
Sedna Proves Oort Cloud? Mike Dworetsky Astronomy Misc 0 March 16th 04 09:23 AM
UFO Activities from Biblical Times (Long Text) Kazmer Ujvarosy UK Astronomy 3 December 25th 03 10:41 PM
UFO Activities from Biblical Times (LONG TEXT) Kazmer Ujvarosy SETI 2 December 25th 03 07:33 PM