Spirit communication lost!

Old January 24th 04, 05:59 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Marx @ www.paf.li wrote:
This is about the silliest of your statements,
light years (if they exist) removed from
reason. You have no idea of the history of
science & the fact, that quantification is
never able to invent anything, the "act of
creation" only coming from intuition &
experimenting - science merely invents
silly quantifying formulae around the facts
later on.

If you really believe that you have been seriously misled. You might
just as well claim the earth is flat (or do you...?). The examples to
the contrary are so numerous I won't bother to list them; if you don't
see them now you never will. You have backed yourself into a corner
with your tiny closed mind. I say start taking your meds again. Maybe
then things will get better. Seriously.

Old January 24th 04, 08:46 PM
Marx @ www.paf.li

"Greg Crinklaw" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Marx @ www.paf.li wrote:
This is about the silliest of your statements,
light years (if they exist) removed from
reason. You have no idea of the history of
science & the fact, that quantification is
never able to invent anything, the "act of
creation" only coming from intuition &
experimenting - science merely invents
silly quantifying formulae around the facts
later on.

If you really believe that you have been
seriously misled.

I know what I observe while you believe what
you're told.

You might just as well claim the earth is
flat (or do you...?).

Nobody ever claimed that: why do you ask
something as idiotic?

The examples to the contrary are so numerous
won't bother to list them;

....simply because you're unable to do so.

if you don't see them now you never will. You
have backed yourself into a corner with your
tiny closed mind. I say start taking your meds
again. Maybe then things will get better.
Seriously.

You haven't produced a single factual argument
even against something as simple as
http://www.paf.li/05%20Evidence.pdf, let alone
http://www.paf.li/gravitation_experiment.htm,
proving irrefutably Variable Gravitation, actually
something quite different from the sci.Stupid
theory derived from the absurd "mass attraction"
ff theories. So, I'm quite comfortable in my
corner watching your minds clogged with all
the trash left by generations of scientists
delivering collective repression & stoking our
collective's irrational behaviour in holocaust,
war, terrorism, & knowledge hotchpotching.

& now, to stay on topic, come back & tell us
about the reasons of all the misfortunes of the
Mars missions.

Old January 24th 04, 09:21 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Marx @ www.paf.li wrote:
You might just as well claim the earth is
flat (or do you...?).

Nobody ever claimed that: why do you ask
something as idiotic?

Because you made a claim about temperatures that is equally, if not more
idiotic. You have such a profound lack of knowledge of basic principles
and observations that you can't see what is obvious to everyone else.
And you have the nerve to denigrate us for it! But I guess you'd have
to, otherwise you'd be forced to face what an idiot you are.

& now, to stay on topic, come back & tell us
about the reasons of all the misfortunes of the
Mars missions.

Certainly. The problem Spirit suffered is in the flash memory. Flash
memory was invented as an application of principles of physics that were
well established before the technology was developed. Read up on it.
The story is quite fascinating (look this word up in the dictionary to
understand it's common use in English). The most likely reason for the
problem Spirit encountered is a gamma ray hit on or near the memory
chip. This is speculation, although it should be noted that my previous
speculation that this was, in fact, a memory problem did prove correct.
The flash memory stores some of the flight software code that is
read into volatile memory when the system is booted, sort of like the
BIOS on your computer. Either this memory was corrupted or the chip
that reads the memory has failed. If the former, I would not be
surprised if the flash memory can be restored to working order simply by
reformatting and rewriting it. Otherwise they can develop new software
that will work around the problem by simply not using the flash memory.
Good news, really.

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer

SkyTools Software for the Observer:
http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html

Skyhound Observing Pages:
http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html

Old January 24th 04, 11:38 PM
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:21:31 -0700) it happened Greg Crinklaw
wrote in :

Marx @ www.paf.li wrote:
You might just as well claim the earth is
flat (or do you...?).

Nobody ever claimed that: why do you ask
something as idiotic?

Because you made a claim about temperatures that is equally, if not more
idiotic. You have such a profound lack of knowledge of basic principles
and observations that you can't see what is obvious to everyone else.
And you have the nerve to denigrate us for it! But I guess you'd have
to, otherwise you'd be forced to face what an idiot you are.

& now, to stay on topic, come back & tell us
about the reasons of all the misfortunes of the
Mars missions.

Certainly. The problem Spirit suffered is in the flash memory.

That would be a bit premature do you not think?
Could be a hardware error like broken or cracked PCB during bouncing,
ripped cable, oxidized connections, ANY other electronic component,
dry joint (soldering), stupid software design bug (we had that before),
or bugs bunny pulling a plug.
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/panteltje/...ills-bunny.jpg
JP
Old January 24th 04, 11:40 PM
Mark McIntyre

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:46:58 +0100, in uk.sci.astronomy , "Marx @
www.paf.li" wrote:

You haven't produced a single factual argument
even against something as simple as
http://www.paf.li/05%20Evidence.pdf,

Greg hasn't provided any arguments aginst this one, because he can't
stop laughing. I'm finding it hard too, but let me help:
1) the cod-logic applied here is of the "all men are humans, therefore
all humans are male" variety. It starts by stating some mythological
references as if they were fact. Then it produces something which
could cause similar effects, and claim that therefore the mythological
events *must* have been caused by these.

2) No, no and a thousand times no. Not only does it gratuitously claim
that the Romans didn't know any astronomy, which is laughable, but it
again uses cart-before-horse logic.

3) Same problem again. The GCR as it calls it was introduced because
it was realised that the year was *not* 365.25 days long, and
therefore easter had "slipped". And then it again again uses b*llock
logic.

ERGO! as you put it, the entire paper is tripe.

let alone
http://www.paf.li/gravitation_experiment.htm,

its kind of hard to discuss this one, since the page you point to
contains absolutely no information whatsoever about what someone is
trying to measure, prove or disprove, the basis on which the
experiment is designed, how it proposes to prove or disprove whatever
it is etc. In short, its useless.

proving irrefutably Variable Gravitation,

All this one seems to me to prove, at a casual glance, is
a) whoever wrote that paper is about 11, and has been learning english
for about a month
b) someone's designed a hopelessly inappropriate experiment which
beautifully measures the effect of air currents, thermal expansion,
and a bunch of other quite irrelevant things.

Oh, and the comment about variable gravity being proved by the
extinction of the dinosaurs is priceless!

& now, to stay on topic, come back & tell us
about the reasons of all the misfortunes of the
Mars missions.

You first.
--
Mark McIntyre
CLC FAQ http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

Old January 25th 04, 12:12 AM
Greg Crinklaw

Jan Panteltje wrote:
Certainly. The problem Spirit suffered is in the flash memory.

That would be a bit premature do you not think?

Only a little. They discovered that all the behavior they had seen was
consistent with a flash memory error. Then the commanded Spirit to
disable the use of the flash memory during boot up. After that it has
worked much better, no longer rebooting again and again and going to
sleep as commanded at the end of the day. Not definitive, mind you, but
come on, that's pretty indicative that they found problem...

Old January 25th 04, 10:45 AM

Jan Panteltje wrote:
snip

Certainly. The problem Spirit suffered is in the flash memory.

That would be a bit premature do you not think?
Could be a hardware error like broken or cracked PCB during bouncing,
ripped cable, oxidized connections, ANY other electronic component,
dry joint (soldering), stupid software design bug (we had that before),
or bugs bunny pulling a plug.
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/panteltje/...ills-bunny.jpg

And it would be a blast to be in the machine room of all those
hard/software engineers and listening while they're debugging
the problem.

/BAH

Subtract a hundred and four for e-mail.
Old January 25th 04, 03:14 PM
Marx @ www.paf.li

"Mark McIntyre" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:46:58 ?, in uk.sci.astronomy , "Marx @
www.paf.li" wrote:

You haven't produced a single factual argument
even against something as simple as
http://www.paf.li/05%20Evidence.pdf,

Greg hasn't provided any arguments aginst
this one, because he can't stop laughing.
I'm finding it hard too, but let me help:
1) the cod-logic applied here is of the "all
men are humans, therefore all humans are
male" variety. It starts by stating some
mythological references as if they were fact.
Then it produces something which could
cause similar effects, and claim that therefore
the mythological events *must* have been
caused by these.

Don't be so daft.

2) No, no and a thousand times no. Not
only does it gratuitously claim that the
Romans didn't know any astronomy,
which is laughable, but it again
cart-before-horse logic.

But you are daft: exactly _because_ your
"Romans", _ie_ actually all astronomers of
that time new their stuff - & much better
even than their successors today because
they weren't s.S believers in actualism -
we can rely on their contemporary reports
& observations.

3) Same problem again. The GCR [the
Gregorian Calendar Reform] as it calls it
was introduced because it was realised
that the year was *not* 365.25 days long,

Exactly - only you are so enormously s.S daft
that you continue with such an absurd claim as

and therefore easter had "slipped".

None of your "Romans" would have - & never has! -
claimed something idiotic as this, because the
very first time such a "slip" is mentioned at all is
in "1"372, _ie_ in the 2nd half of the Trecento.
So you yourself are imputing that for over 1300
(onethousandandthreehundred!) years none of
the priests depending on acurately dating the
feasts & offerings to their deities ever noticed an
continuously increasing "slip" - as I said: its
certainly you who is terribly daft & taken by...
[...] again again us[ing] b*llock logic.

ERGO! as you put it, the entire paper is tripe.

You are asked to logically perform & argue step
by step the facts pointed out in
http://www.paf.li/05%20Evidence.pdf, but not to
repeat the tripe you were indoctrinated with in
your sci.Stupid environment, which beggars
descrption to the limit.

let alone
http://www.paf.li/gravitation_experiment.htm,

its kind of hard to discuss this one, since the
page you point to contains absolutely no
information whatsoever about what someone
is trying to measure, prove or disprove, the
basis on which the experiment is designed,
how it proposes to prove or disprove whatever
it is etc. In short, its useless.

All you are asked to judge & repeat is a simply &
inexpesively desgined experiment with a beam
balance & a small cheap lab scales.

proving irrefutably Variable Gravitation,

All this one seems to me to prove, at a casual
glance, is
a) whoever wrote that paper is about 11,

(1) there isn't a "paper" to study but only a
description accompanied by illustrations, &
(2) if you don't understand what an 11 year
old is telling you, you only have your own
mental powers to blame.

and has been learning english for about a month

Then why not studying it in German? Its much
better qualified to make things understandable:
http://www.paf.li/gravitationsexperiment.htm.

b) someone's designed a hopelessly
inappropriate experiment which beautifully
measures the effect of air currents, thermal
expansion, and a bunch of other quite
irrelevant things.

Which, of course, it doesn't do at all, because
the natural effects of Variable Gravitation are
by several orders of size are greater than any
of your presumptions.

Oh, and the comment about variable gravity
being proved by the extinction of the dinosaurs
is priceless!

Of course - quite opposed to CERN, where
costly nonsense doesn't prove anything. Dinos
could never exist under present gravity, therefore
gravity increased significantly in a single
catastrophic event, incapacitating them &
their dependents instantly.

& now, to stay on topic, come back & tell us
about the reasons of all the misfortunes of the
Mars missions.

You first.

Yes: _cf_ subject.

About it, note:

(1) Refusing to understand that Dinosaurs & following
Giant Fauna & Flora were exterminated by considerable
increases of gravitation reduces ICS (Informed Common
Sense) capability by 50%. Cause: educated in the s.S
(sci.Stupidity) environment.

(2) Incapability to comprehend & reproduce the ILJE
reduces ICS by a further 50%, thus leaving only 25%
to be counted on.

(3) Not understanding the logic inherent to the
calendar reforms (CCR & GCR) will reduce ICS another
50& - 12.5% of it remain to be reckoned with.

(4) Belief in a XC epoch defining & prowling about
deity "Jesus" will decrease ICS by again 50& to a
mere 6.25%.

(5) Replacing the catastrophic destruction of Antiquity
(including the total destruction of the North) & the
following annexation of territory by the existance of
so-called "Middle Ages" (in- or excluding "Phantom Years")
will leave but 3.125% of ICS to one's credit.

(6) Those who cannot see from this striking
accumulation of errors the CoR output of the
PRS-Conglomerate, remain sitting on their
98.4375% s.S & cannot claim more than 1.5625%
ICS: whether with this minimum of ICS they
can then still with a level head assess the
state of affairs in
http://www.paf.li/gravitation_experiment.htm
is clearly doubtful & seems to be expecting
a bit too much.

---

RHNH = Reconstruction of Human & Natural History;
cf (in German) www.paf.li/faqplus.htm.

PRS(-conglomerate) = entirety of the collective
thinking systems, ie the Philosophies, Religions
& [exo- & esoteric] sciences

XC = Christian Calendar
UC = Universal Calendar (its epoch the spring
equinox of 1945 XC)
GCR = Gregorian Calendar Reform -370/-363 UC
(1577/1582 AD)
CCR = Canopus Calendar Reform (=the "Julian" reform),
following the RHNH around -950 UC (1000 XC)

ILJE = Inherent Logic of the Joshua Event
(cf slides 06 & 07 in www.paf.li/moscow_2001.htm)

LGJ = Last Great Jolt (the last one ending
a series of cataclysms in the middle of the
Trecento, caused by a repositioning of earth);
cf (in German) www.paf.li/lgr.htm, defining
the End of
SchizoTime = the period between Old & Modern
Time, in the series of catastrophes of which
the recovered Old Civilizations perished

IBC = Irrational Behaviour of the Collective
(Knowledge Adulteration, Holocaust, War,
Terrorism, Destructive Technolgy)
CoR = Collective Repression (causing IBC)

EVU = Electric Vortex Universe;
cf www.paf.li/perceptions.htm.

ICS = Informed Common Sense
s.S = sci.Stupid(ity)

Old January 25th 04, 04:22 PM
Orion

Jeez, get a life you sad sacks of neutrinos

Old January 25th 04, 11:47 PM
Terry King

Point taken. But implicates MS.

How?? The RTOS and the compiler development tools are from a far-from-
microsoft vendor, and the code is developed on SUN workstations running
UNIX. There's not a Microsoft tool in the box anywhere. The processor
(IBM Power PC design in a Radiation-Hardened chip technology) has never
run Windows except in emulation, and that was a disaster I was real
close to.

Jeez, I wonder why they have zero MicroSoft Wares ??

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

"The one who dies with the most parts LOSES! What do you need??"