Beautiful Relaxation Music

Old September 11th 08, 07:32 AM posted to rec.models.scale,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default Beautiful Relaxation Music

Ian Maw wrote:
Everytime I pull out the razor saw to start modifying an expensive new kit,
I hear Sheryl Crow singing "The First Cut is the Deepest" in the back of my
mind. Don't need the music to hear that one.

"Mad Modeller" wrote in message

Pat Flannery wrote:

The Old Man wrote:

Same with me, butr mine is set to a New Age station that plays a lot
of Native American, Oriental and Celtic music. I especially like Enya,
Secret Garden and Clannad....

You are hereby appointed a Honorary Irishman by the Flannery's of County
Mayo. :-)
Want to hear something really beautiful?
Get your hands on Sarah McLachlan's album "Touch".
That is _fukin'_ magnificent_.
When she starts swinging into "Touch", "Steaming" or "Vox", nothing and
nobody can hold a candle to her.
It's downright ethereal.

Pat

Well I have most of Enya's discs as well as Lorena McKennett. Would
like to get all of the Enya stuff but "I don't get around much anymore"
and can't get to the record collectors' meets as before.

I knew there was something about Jamestown that I had read somewhere and
I finally ran into it again. That was Louis L'Amour's birthplace.
Got any memorials for him?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

They are thinking about turning the local library into the "Louis
L'Amour Museum."
Then they are going to move the Alfred Dicky Free Library over to the
giant and abandoned Masonic Temple across the street.
They are also thinking of building a Peggy Lee museum.
And building a giant new hospital.
And putting a jetway at our local airport, where it can attach to the
small turboprops that provide our local airline service.
The city government, not to put to fine of a point on it, has completely
lost its little ****in' mind in regards to what's possible on our 15,000
townpeople's budget; although the key concept appears to be to get
Federal money to pull all this stuff off.
You tax dollars at work...er ... at play.
All this, and we are still top-heavy with pizza places, and not one
seafood place in the whole city.
Is one "Skipper's" too much to ask?
Could we put a mil levee on everyone to get that?
BTW - I've never read any of Louis L'Amour's books, but considering that
he lived at the very end of the "open plain"* period of the Dakota
Territory and states, I suspect that reading Teddy Roosevelt's
reminisces from his time here would give a far more accurate account of
it all.
I suspect that Louis L'Amour, like Tennessee Williams, knew what his
audience was hoping for, and gave them exactly that rather than the
truth....in the interests of making a buck.

*A interesting term in itself; east of the Missouri river heading
through Bismarck, no one in their right mind ever raised cattle or
became cowboys, as it was far more profitable to farm the rich glacial
deposit soils.
You raise cattle or sheep on lands that can't support wheat fields.
We're having a superb year here for wheat, with yields averaging around
80 bushels per acre, and topping out at around 90-100 bushels per acre.
(to give you some idea of what that means, a bushel of raw wheat weighs
around 60 pounds; peel off the husks to make it into white bread, and
you can make around 4,000 one pound loaves of white bread off of a area
around one city block in size, before transport, added ingredients,
cooking, and profit are put into the equation.)
The other crops are doing as consistently well.

Pat