ASTRO: M100

Old February 11th 08, 09:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Default ASTRO: M100

I did it again. Found this one from last spring filed under NGC 100.
It's the last of the misclassified M objects. OK I said that about M110
but I've now double checked and am calling it quits looking for missing
M objects. I still have NGC objects beyond 4000 to check however.
Never heard of M4000 so think I'm now safe. I do see NGC 100 is an
interesting edge on needle galaxy so I might add it to the list for next
year.

The bright galaxy to the left is NGC 4326. Above it is LEDA 40214.
Above M100 is NGC 4323. Right of M100 is a right triangle of 3 pointing
down. At the time is IC 483A. IC 483 is out of frame to the right.
The galaxy straight above it is not shown by ALADIN. To its right is a
very fuzzy, very blue blob MGC+03-32-011. Interesting fuzz patch but I
couldn't find anything on it. There's also a Seyfert/QSO but I need to
point it out as it looks like a slightly fuzzy star for its brightness
down and a bit left of NGC 4326. It's 1.1 billion light years away per
NED's red shift data. It is [VCV2001] J122330.8+154508. Put that in the
DSS plate site using SIMBAD and you can find which "star" it is. It's
the fourth from the bottom of a 5 star chain pointing to NGC 4326.
Chain starts with a rather bright star followed by a dim one, a brighter
one, the QSO than other star a bit farther from the rest then a jump to
4326. There are a lot of others in the shot. Some are in ALADIN most not.

14" LX200R @ F/10, L=4x10, RGB=2x10 binned 3x3, STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M100L4X10RGB2X10L.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1684
Old February 12th 08, 12:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Great image Rick! One of my favorite galaxies. Glad to see someone else
uses aladin.

Rick Johnson wrote:
[...]

N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3
Old February 15th 08, 11:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

That would have been a shame to get lost in digital nirvana, detail is very
good

Stefan

"Rick Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

SN2006X in M100 Richard Crisp CCD Imaging 1 February 21st 06 05:32 AM
SN2006X in M100 Richard Crisp Research 0 February 20th 06 07:18 PM
SN2006X in M100 Richard Crisp Amateur Astronomy 0 February 18th 06 11:18 PM
SN2006X in M100 Richard Crisp Astronomy Misc 0 February 18th 06 11:17 PM
Here is the picture of M100 Brian Tung Amateur Astronomy 3 January 11th 04 09:37 PM