ASTRO: Horse Head

Old November 4th 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Default ASTRO: Horse Head

I took this image a couple of weeks ago but I haven't been happy with the
way it came out. The images were noisier that usual. It has been really
hard to process with out bringing out the greenish cast with the noise. It
was imaged through a 4" f/8 refractor. Its 20 minutes worth of data with
the 400D @ 800asa.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	horsehead-1.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1431
Old November 4th 07, 10:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J McBride wrote:

I took this image a couple of weeks ago but I haven't been happy with the
way it came out. The images were noisier that usual. It has been really
hard to process with out bringing out the greenish cast with the noise. It
was imaged through a 4" f/8 refractor. Its 20 minutes worth of data with
the 400D @ 800asa.

Joe

Wait for a below zero night and I bet it will be a lot cleaner. Or pile
on a lot more frames. Still that's good for a DSLR.
Rick

Old November 4th 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

It takes a lot of signal to get this area right... I am kind of stunned that
you have that much in only 20 min.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old November 6th 07, 01:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"J McBride" wrote

Beautiful!!!!

George N

ASTRO: Horse Head Nebula J McBride Astro Pictures 5 September 25th 07 03:52 PM
ASTRO: Eagle's Head NGC 2177 Rick Johnson[_2_] Astro Pictures 3 April 12th 07 05:30 AM
horse head James Vincent UK Astronomy 7 November 23rd 04 05:13 PM
Horse Head Nebula in Orion ypauls Amateur Astronomy 21 February 29th 04 02:39 PM
Is the horse head nebula feature positive or negative ? David Knisely Astronomy Misc 0 August 20th 03 11:25 AM