It's Autumn in the Northwest ...

Old October 4th 18, 09:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default It's Autumn in the Northwest ...

A cool 61F now as of 1:45 PM here in Gresham. Partly cloudy but dry. Wind west at 4 mph. Humidity 46%.

A storm expected tomorrow! That hurricane that just missed Hawaii is now headed our way! It should bring us lots of stormy weather tomorrow! Battening down the hatches!

I walked up the street this morning and filled up a bag with acorns. The squirrels just love them. I think that's their natural food.

Had a good lunch with Kim yesterday at the buffet. But she has given up on the Spanish lessons for now.

Double-A

Old October 5th 18, 09:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 1:55:20 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
A cool 61F now as of 1:45 PM here in Gresham. Partly cloudy but dry. Wind west at 4 mph. Humidity 46%.

A storm expected tomorrow! That hurricane that just missed Hawaii is now headed our way! It should bring us lots of stormy weather tomorrow! Battening down the hatches!

I walked up the street this morning and filled up a bag with acorns. The squirrels just love them. I think that's their natural food.

Had a good lunch with Kim yesterday at the buffet. But she has given up on the Spanish lessons for now.

Double-A

Sandy out of sight again.Still in my mind.Ate ribs made at Vons,and they are meaty and tasty.I had them with bake MSP.I now put honey dip with MSP thick chips.Try it you will like it and live longer than me. Still wearing shorts.All cotton. Wish Mitch would pray for an inch of rain. Calif.has plenty of bush fires and like Moses he can clime up Mt. Baldy and speak to God. Its the only way it can rain. I keep my roof van vent open full to create rain.Bert
Old October 6th 18, 09:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 1:48:43 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Bert, if it were to rain, I bet you could not even remember where your windshield wiper switch is! And even if you found it, who know whether the wipers still work! They may have been out of service for years, and you wouldn't even know it!

I stayed home yesterday expecting a storm, but all we got was a little rain.. I think that hurricane that missed Hawaii must have missed us as well. Today the rain has finally stopped. Stopped at the Farmers' Market and bought beets, Danish squash, and yellow crookneck squash.

Now 55F as of 1:15 PM under cloudy skies here in Gresham. Wind NW at 6 mph.. Humidity 77%.

Double-A

Old October 6th 18, 11:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 3:18:18 PM UTC-5, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Bert may appear a little off in thinking but that's just his language.

Old October 7th 18, 10:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Light rain here in Gresham. Temp 55F as of 2:30 PM. Wind east at 2 mph. Humidity 81%.

What's with those Lions? They beat Green Bay this morning! A couple weeks ago they trounced the Patriots!

The OSU Beavers played a fairly good game last night. I almost turned it off when the Washington State Cougars scored two quick touchdowns in the first 3 minutes! But the Beavers came back and took the lead a couple of times, being very competitive! But in the end, the Beavers had to revert to their true nature be the losers they are!

Double-A

Old October 8th 18, 10:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 1:18:18 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Wash the window with the wipers,Always new blades.Sandy just came into the Senior Center.At 5 will have dinner and wine.When she comes in all pool stops.She is that pretty..She knows how to dress.Shorts up to her cute ass, No rain no clouds going by.Cool sleeping.Years ago there was a weather plane flying,now its grounded.It also gave the 5pm traffic,but Bush gave our jobs to China. Bert
Old October 8th 18, 11:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 2:50:35 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Better hope she does not read Usenet.

No rain no clouds going by.Cool sleeping.

Plenty of rain here. Now 59F here in Gresham as of 3:30 PM. Wind 3 mph out of the south. Humidity 90%! Sunny weather returning starting Wednesday.

Years ago there was a weather plane flying,now its grounded.It also gave the 5pm traffic,but Bush gave our jobs to China. Bert

Trump is getting those jobs back again. All those tariffs on China are making trade with them almost impossible! US Steel just reopened 6 plants! But it may hurt my getting cheap stuff at Dollar Tree.

Double-A

Old October 9th 18, 10:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

60F as of 2:30 PM here in Gresham. Wind NW at 7 mph. Humidity 66%. Partly cloudy but not raining anymore.

They have erected a bronze statue here to the man they call Mr. Gresham!

https://www.kgw.com/video/news/local...ue/283-8260185

Now all they need is an altar and a place to leave offerings to this local demigod!

Double-A

Old October 10th 18, 11:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 2:36:43 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Partly cloudy here in Gresham and a nice autumnal 65F as of 2:30. Wind NW at 6 mph. Humidity 45%. Library still too hot!

Double-A

Been cooler,and dryer.I hope hurricane Michael swings west. Sandy I'm seeing every day,but that won't last.I'm to old to worry about girls. Bert