Apollo: One gas environment?

Old May 6th 04, 08:02 AM
OM

On Wed, 5 May 2004 12:04:12 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"Neil Gerace" wrote in message
.au...
Twice 0.5C is twice 273.65K or 547.3K or 274.15C or 525.47F

But that doesn't answer my question about how to measure temperature with a
scale that goes from 100 for freezing to 0 for boiling.

....And for that matter, how does it affect the average airspeed of an
unlaiden swallow?

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 6th 04, 08:06 AM
OM

On 05 May 2004 11:47:50 -0400, jeff findley
wrote:

I've heard that in the US, this is one reason why kerosene (for
heating) and diesel (for driving) are different colors. I understand
you can get into trouble in the US if you're caught using kerosene in
your diesel engine of your vehicle.

....You can, but checking a trucker's gas tanks for kerosene virtually
never happens. The only time anyone ever gets caught is if the trucker
jackknifes his rig and the tanks rupture. Even then, it's usually the
fire department on the scene that notices the difference between
kerosene and diesel, and half the time they're too busy trying to
either put out the fire or keep it from happening to tap the local
yokel or county mountie on the shoulder and go "Uh, Bubba, there's
something you need to look at before you let that trucker go..."

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 6th 04, 08:08 AM
OM

On Wed, 05 May 2004 04:33:29 -0700, Dale wrote:

Or, in layman's terms- "hotter than a two-peckered goat".

I didn't really just say that

....Yes, you did. And I believe Pat wants to talk to you about stealing
his lines.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 6th 04, 08:16 AM
OM

On Thu, 6 May 2004 00:07:47 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

I was amazed at first to learn that, when the temperature and pressure were
right, the chicken picked up very little oil and remained very moist.

....Which is how Colonel Harlan Sanders built his fortune before he
sold out. Kentucky Fried Chicken is nowhere near as good as it was 30
years ago, kids, which is why I haven't eaten there in years.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 6th 04, 08:24 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...Yes, you did. And I believe Pat wants to talk to you about stealing
his lines.

OM

Ranking right up there with three other great ones:
"Hotter than a whore's pillow."
"Movie critics telling producers how to make movies is like a virgin
telling a whore how to ****."
And my all-time favorite, from my late dad:
"Play ball with me, and I'll shove the bat up your ass..."

Pat

Old May 6th 04, 08:29 AM
Neil Gerace

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

And my all-time favorite, from my late dad:
"Play ball with me, and I'll shove the bat up your ass..."

Was that a threat or a promise?

Old May 6th 04, 09:43 AM
OM

On Wed, 05 May 2004 13:16:56 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

The other downside is the more oil, the bigger the potential oil fire.
And we've lost some homes in our town from those cooking oil fires over
the years.

....That's because people in North Dakota have never been explained
that you don't do those erotic Wesson Oil interludes in front of a
raging fireplace.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 6th 04, 09:45 AM
OM

On Wed, 05 May 2004 18:30:08 GMT, Gordon Tisher
wrote:

IIRC the Mayans used a 5-day week.

....Which I once heard a street preacher nutball claim that was proof
that not only were the Mayans not one of the Ten Lost Tribes of
Israel, they obviously didn't believe in God or his ordained day off
for rest and worship.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 6th 04, 09:50 AM
OM

On Wed, 5 May 2004 14:39:52 +0800, "Neil Gerace"
wrote:

BTW Who makes/made JP-7?

....JP-7 was developed by Pratt & Whitney, with Shell Oil contributing
a major portion of the R&D facilites. Also, I seem to recall Monsanto
having something to do with the program, but I'm not sure what right
off. Gotta look and see if my old SR-71 notes have anything on that
one.
..
OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 6th 04, 09:50 AM
OM

On Tue, 04 May 2004 22:51:07 -0700, Mary Shafer
wrote:

Anyway, I have a helper coming over to unpack cartons all this week

....And if Mrs. Beady shows up with some really wild finds, we'll know
who you hired :-)

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM