Pentax screw to EOS bayonet - advise needed

Old July 24th 04, 10:21 AM
Maurice Gavin

Default Pentax screw to EOS bayonet - advise needed

I'd like to use some of my 'fast' Pentax screw [M42 thread] lenses on
my Canon EOS 33 film SLR for astrophotography and have been in contact
with SRB Film Ltd who make such adaptors [and claim will focus
infinity with adaptor in place].

My EOS camera seem to function ok with the EOS lens removed eg no pin
contact between lens and camera body. Does the same apply to the
Canon 10D/300D digital SLR?

Has anybody any experience of SRB lens adaptors? TIA.

Maurice Gavin
Old July 24th 04, 01:58 PM
Martin Brown

In message , Maurice Gavin
writes
I'd like to use some of my 'fast' Pentax screw [M42 thread] lenses on
my Canon EOS 33 film SLR for astrophotography and have been in contact
with SRB Film Ltd who make such adaptors [and claim will focus
infinity with adaptor in place].

My EOS camera seem to function ok with the EOS lens removed eg no pin
contact between lens and camera body. Does the same apply to the
Canon 10D/300D digital SLR?

Has anybody any experience of SRB lens adaptors? TIA.

Not their lens adaptors for Canon, but various other bits and bobs. They
also do things for birders and photographers. The catalogue is pretty
good. The bits I bought worked exactly as described.

They seem genuinely helpful and interested. Worked a treat for me. YMMV

Regards,
--
Martin Brown
Old July 25th 04, 03:51 AM
Ed Astle

"Maurice Gavin" wrote in message ...
I'd like to use some of my 'fast' Pentax screw [M42 thread] lenses on
my Canon EOS 33 film SLR for astrophotography and have been in contact
with SRB Film Ltd who make such adaptors [and claim will focus
infinity with adaptor in place].

My EOS camera seem to function ok with the EOS lens removed eg no pin
contact between lens and camera body. Does the same apply to the
Canon 10D/300D digital SLR?

Has anybody any experience of SRB lens adaptors? TIA.

Maurice Gavin

Hi Maurice,

I think Pete Lawrence has a 10D and he seems to have done a fair bit of
prime focus stuff with Venus etc, so presumably it works fine without a lens
attached.

You could always try a Canon lens forum:
("Canon SLR Lens Talk Forum")

Do SRB have a website ?

Regards,
Ed