Sun 28-10-03 (mosaic)

Old October 28th 03, 10:54 PM
Pete Lawrence

Default Sun 28-10-03 (mosaic)

A number of reasonably high resolution spot images joined in a solar
mosaic. Background disk was a lower resolution image scaled to match
the joined mosaics.

4" refractor, Oly C-2100uz digital camera mounted afocally with a 20mm
Kellner eyepiece. Spot images are Registax'd short movies taken at
full 10x optical zoom.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawrence1/newpics/28-10-03_13h00mUT.jpg

Took a lot of effort to put it all together. Not 100% convinced it
was worth it!
--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old October 29th 03, 01:55 AM
MrB

Great job, I know how hard it is to get a good image afocally. My first one,
taken Sunday can be seen he
http://users.adelphia.net/~brooksro

Follow the astronomy link. Since I live in San Diego County, observing has
not been too good during the past few days due to the amount of smoke in the
air. Come to think of it, breathing hasn't been that great either.

Old October 30th 03, 02:39 PM
Pete Lawrence

[...]

Yes it takes a bit of practice doesn't it. I'm experimenting with
augmenting full disk images with high res. images. The 28/10/03
composite wasn't that good IMO. However, this one shows promise...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawrence1/newpics/29-10-03_comp.jpg

--
Pete
Homepage at http://www.pbl33.co.uk