Darkest planet ever discovered an sign of an alien intelligence?

Old August 14th 11, 12:57 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
7[_2_]

Default Darkest planet ever discovered an sign of an alien intelligence?

Darkest planet ever discovered a sign of an alien intelligence?

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1974...kest-plane.htm

This planet reflects only 1% of the light that hits it.
That is blacker than black paint.

What can naturally absorb so much light that it emits only 1%
of the light reaching the planet?

Various materials could turn a planet pitch black but its hard
to imagine how such mixtures become so efficient across the entire
spectrum of light because most planets have a mix of water,
silicates, carbon, hydrogen and various other trace elements
and chemicals added at time of formation preventing a uniform black chemistry
from developing.

Alternative explanations could also exist.

A highly industrialized planet?

A planet that is weaponizing every available energy so it has
nothing left over?

Black plant leaves that have become super efficient
absorbers of energy and have spread throughout the planet?

If you had the chance to visit TrES-2b would you go near such a demon planet?

After all, we do have a history of imagining demons in
dark places and now we discover a dark world - what if folklore describing hell
turned out to be one and the same thing?

Old August 15th 11, 03:41 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
[email protected]

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1974...es-behind-the-...

This planet reflects only 1% of the light that hits it.
That is blacker than black paint.

What can naturally absorb so much light that it emits only 1%
of the light reaching the planet?

Various materials could turn a planet pitch black but its hard
to imagine how such mixtures become so efficient across the entire
spectrum of light because most planets have a mix of water,
silicates, carbon, hydrogen and various other trace elements
and chemicals added at time of formation preventing a uniform black chemistry
from developing.

Alternative explanations could also exist.

A highly industrialized planet?

A planet that is weaponizing every available energy so it has
nothing left over?

Black plant leaves that have become super efficient
absorbers of energy and have spread throughout the planet?

It's a gas giant the size of Jupiter; not likely it has either a
military-industrial complex or plants with leaves visible from space.

'...the astronomers think that a strong overabundance of gaseous
sodium or titanium oxide might be sufficient. "But I suspect that it's
some chemical species that we have not yet thought of," adds Spiegel.
"Finding the culprit would require high resolution optical
spectroscopy of a sort that is very challenging."'

I'm wondering about the possibility of lots of carbon and/or
buckyballs in vapor form.

If you had the chance to visit TrES-2b would you go near such a demon planet?

Hell, yes.

After all, we do have a history of imagining demons in
dark places and now we discover a dark world - what if folklore describing hell
turned out to be one and the same thing?

I don't live in a demon-haunted universe.

Mark L. Fergerson
Old August 15th 11, 02:32 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 14/08/2011 7:57 AM, 7 wrote:
Alternative explanations could also exist.

A highly industrialized planet?

A planet that is weaponizing every available energy so it has
nothing left over?

Black plant leaves that have become super efficient
absorbers of energy and have spread throughout the planet?

If you had the chance to visit TrES-2b would you go near such a demon planet?

After all, we do have a history of imagining demons in
dark places and now we discover a dark world - what if folklore describing hell
turned out to be one and the same thing?

It's a gas giant planet the size of Jupiter. No black plants, or
military industrial complexes can possibly exist on it.

Yousuf Khan
Old August 15th 11, 06:51 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
jacob navia[_5_]

Le 15/08/11 15:32, Yousuf Khan a écrit :
On 14/08/2011 7:57 AM, 7 wrote:
Alternative explanations could also exist.

A highly industrialized planet?

A planet that is weaponizing every available energy so it has
nothing left over?

Black plant leaves that have become super efficient
absorbers of energy and have spread throughout the planet?

If you had the chance to visit TrES-2b would you go near such a demon
planet?

After all, we do have a history of imagining demons in
dark places and now we discover a dark world - what if folklore
describing hell
turned out to be one and the same thing?

It's a gas giant planet the size of Jupiter. No black plants, or
military industrial complexes can possibly exist on it.

Yousuf Khan

Black plants could float in the atmosphere of that gas giant.

Feeding on those plants, black animals grow, some of them
intelligent. They do not fall because they inflate with lighter gases
huge gas balls that sustain them, and allow them to feed from
the black plants.

:-)
Old August 16th 11, 12:29 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Lofty Goat

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:57:18 +0100, 7 wrote:

Darkest planet ever discovered a sign of an alien intelligence?

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1974...es-behind-the-

darkest-planet-ever-discovered-nasa-kepler-space-telescope-black-blackest-
plane.htm
snip

Was it interesting? I read starting from the end, and stopped when I got
to the sentence "Like the moon, the planet is believed to be tidally
locked and hence, no side of the planet faces the star." -- RLW
Old August 16th 11, 05:36 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 8/15/2011 1:51 PM, jacob navia wrote:
Le 15/08/11 15:32, Yousuf Khan a écrit :
It's a gas giant planet the size of Jupiter. No black plants, or
military industrial complexes can possibly exist on it.

Yousuf Khan

Black plants could float in the atmosphere of that gas giant.

I can barely see bacteria evolving on a gas giant, let alone whole
plants in an environment where the winds are sweeping around at hundreds
of mph if not thousands.

However, it's possible that life could evolve on a moon around a gas
giant. But a mere moon won't turn the whole planet black.

Yousuf Khan
Old August 16th 11, 07:30 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Dr J R Stockton[_125_]

In sci.astro message , Mon, 15 Aug 2011
09:32:42, Yousuf Khan posted:

It's a gas giant planet the size of Jupiter. No black plants, or
military industrial complexes can possibly exist on it.

It is the scrap-heap of the local branch of the Galactic Nanotube and
Graphene Combine.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms and links;

DARKEST KNOWN PLANET 'DISCOVERED' Dr. Jai Maharaj[_2_] Astronomy Misc 0 August 14th 11 12:20 AM
Alien Life Discovered HVAC[_2_] Misc 24 December 4th 10 11:23 AM
Moon discovered orbiting 10th planet: New class of satellites discovered(Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 October 4th 05 04:11 AM