News: Physicists Seek Answers to Quantum Correlations

Old August 16th 08, 12:50 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Robert Karl Stonjek

Default News: Physicists Seek Answers to Quantum Correlations

mk

RKS:
I never said that there were special conditions at c. The same physics
that
causes length contraction at any speed should also cause length
contraction
at c or at an infinitely small speed less than c, a speed attainable by
electrons and neutrinos, for instance.

It is the Relativists that want to exclude relativistic changes at light
speed, not me.

It is the relativists that want to INCLUDE relativistic changes at ANY
speed,
what do you want to INCLUDE?

RKS:
Zero distance, interval of zero seconds at the speed of light.

We can calculate up to and including c-1/infinity at which point the
distance between any two object in the high speed frame is 1/infinity as
measured by an observer at rest in that frame.

The extrapolation to light and c is not allowed, even though the extra step
is logical and elegant ie there is no frame in which light is at rest as
there is no distance or interval at c.

Robert

Old August 16th 08, 01:14 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Robert Karl Stonjek

--Mike Jr
As Uncle Al said, the wave function instantaneously collapses into
consistent
observables. Information does not travel FTL. You have to bring the
results together observing the first signal property of light to
determine that correlations occurred. Otherwise, it’s just random
bits of data.

I am going to regret doing this but one way to think about
entanglement was introduced by Dr. John Kramer at the University of
Washington.

http://www.npl.washington.edu/ti/

Nonlocality is explained by the use of advanced and retarded waves.
Advanced waves travel backwards in time while retarded waves travel
forwards in time. TI allows quantum mechanical wave functions to be
interpreted as real waves physically present in spacetime.

RKS:
Feynman once said how annoyed he was that people (especially non-scientists)
constantly misinterpreted the concept of the retarded wave. As he (Feynman)
explains it, the retarded wave can only transit between absorber and emitter
after the electromagnetic wave has reached the absorber.

When you wack something with a stick you feel a vibration that moved back
along the stick from the point of contact back to your hand. This is what
the retarded wave is like in that radiation resistance only occurs *after*
the emitted wave has been absorbed.

Basically, there is no communication between photons in explanation of the
phenomena I gave because the polarisation was set when the photons were
still in contact.

Apparently there is a similar phenomena measured at lower speed with
electrons, but I have not been presented with a link to the evidence of
other form. Until I do, I will assume that the individual has confounded
the concepts in the article posted with the two slits experiment, which has
been shown to work with electrons.

Old August 17th 08, 03:52 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Mike

On Aug 16, 8:14 am, "Robert Karl Stonjek"
wrote:
--Mike Jr

[snip]

RKS:
Feynman once said how annoyed he was that people (especially non-scientists)
constantly misinterpreted the concept of the retarded wave. As he (Feynman)
explains it, the retarded wave can only transit between absorber and emitter
after the electromagnetic wave has reached the absorber.

Can you supply a reference? I am interested.

When you wack something with a stick you feel a vibration that moved back
along the stick from the point of contact back to your hand. This is what
the retarded wave is like in that radiation resistance only occurs *after*
the emitted wave has been absorbed.

See http://www.npl.washington.edu/npl/in...ime/dtime.html

"Abstract:
The problem of the direction of electromagnetic time, i.e., the
complete dominance of retarded electromagnetic radiation over advanced
radiation in the universe, is considered in the context of a
generalized form of Wheeler-Feynman absorber theory in an open
expanding universe with a singularity at T=0. It is shown that the
application of a four-vector reflection boundary condition at the
singularity leads to the observed dominance of retarded radiation, and
also clarifies the role of advanced and retarded waves in the emission
of very weakly absorbed radiation such as neutrinos."