Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

Old April 3rd 06, 04:12 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Default Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

Johnboy wrote:

Invented and designed by leftist queers like Whipple and Barnes-Wallace.

Huh? Barnes-Wallace worked for Vickers and designed bombers and airships.
Not too sure who Mr Whipple is,

Didn't he work on the Comet airliner? ;-)

Pat
Old April 3rd 06, 06:35 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Pat Flannery wrote:

Johnboy wrote:

Invented and designed by leftist queers like Whipple and Barnes-Wallace.

Huh? Barnes-Wallace worked for Vickers and designed bombers and
airships. Not too sure who Mr Whipple is,

Didn't he work on the Comet airliner? ;-)

Pat

Mr. Whipple used to squeeze toilet paper for a living.
Old April 3rd 06, 12:51 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Johnboy" wrote in message
u...

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message
Scott Schuckert wrote:

The trick is identifying the enemies before they "come for you." Not
easy, as the current administration STILL hasn't even been able to
fabricate, let alone find, evidence of hostile intent in our current
victims.

Isalm is damned right out of UBL's mouth.

He has any sort of authority to speak for all the Muslims in the world? If
some right-ring nutcase (no names, of course) stands up in an open forum (say,
an Internet newsgroup) and espouses the nuking of all the followers of Islam -
that then condemns every inhabitant of the western world as an advocate of
mass murder and genocide?

Yeah, sure it does.........

There is no doubt that the
evil demonic religion of Islam lead to the WTC debacle. It is time to rise up
early and kill them before they kill more of us.

No, it was one multi-millionare with a hatred of the USA, and about a dozen
or so fellow wacko's, that lead to the destruction of the WTC. It was a very
well-planned operation, masterminded by a few very smart men. The debacle
part came from the hopeless jokers who were supposed to be looking after the
security of the USA.

Who, exactly, do you expect to "rise up early"? You, of course. A couple of
you friends, no doubt. How many others do you have to convince before you
Have Enough?

I'm serious Bob, I really would like to know how you think this can ever come
to pass.

Cheers,
Johnboy.

I think we have to keep in mind that he lives relatively close to where the
incident happened, and it seems to have really knocked him off-balance. I hope
he snaps out of it, but I'm not sure if or when he can.

Old April 3rd 06, 02:22 PM posted to sci.space.history

"Dale" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 08:45:30 +1000, "Johnboy"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote:

Johnboy, if you just can't resist responding to whackos, could you at
least
trim sci.space.history from the list of groups you're posting to?
Practically
all of your 50+ posts over the past few days have been crossposted to
several groups. It's getting to be time to killfile you- regardless of the
content
of your posts, which I don't find particularly objectionable otherwise...

Dale

(not sure he's even reading s.s.h, but I'm not going to crosspost this...

No, normally I do not - and I was not aware that I was responding to
messages cross-posted to this group. So my apologies to you and anyone else
in this group who were inconvenienced.

I now have a big note stuck on my computer to remind me to trim the headers
before replying. But I am not aware of any way to automate that, so I might
hit the Big Button before remembering. Feel free to killfile me, since I
have never deliberately posted into your newsgroup.

I might be naive when I say this, but I don't believe I've ever been
killfiled before - it won't hurt, will it?

Byyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Johnboy

Old April 3rd 06, 03:00 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

link.net...

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message
.

The engineers knew that the sealer would crumble at 38 degrees, but they
gave into the brass at NASA.

Funny, since that's not what happened. But you go on believing your
fantasy.

Feynman proved it with a glass of ice water and a piece of sealant.
Right there where everyone could see it.

Again, Feynman did NOT prove the sealer would crumble.

I believe Feynman's demonstratation.

The SRB was a piece of ****, just like the first capsule design for
Apollo. It was typical NASA ****.

Bob Kolker

Private engineering is what the space race needs a good jolt of. Even for a
bucket of bolts, you never saw the Millenium Falcon coming apart like the
shuttles did!

Old April 3rd 06, 06:13 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:00:31 -0500, "CatPanDaddy"
wrote:

Private engineering is what the space race needs a good jolt of.

Texans just put the first privately built spacecraft into outer space
recently.

Even for a
bucket of bolts, you never saw the Millenium Falcon coming apart like the
shuttles did!

Are you recommending we send minature puppets into orbit? All we need
to find are some minature astronauts.

--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."
Old April 3rd 06, 07:20 PM posted to sci.space.history

Pat Flannery wrote:

I always thought that was the epitome of a Reagan era movie.

The epitome of that era's attitude, still with us though the USSR is
gone -- the fear of being a "pitiful, helpless giant." Never mind our
wealth, or kick-ass armed forces, or spending more on defense than the
next 30 countries combined, or that (given nukes can't be un-invented)
we're more secure in all other geostrategic senses than we were when
Lincoln noted that all the world's armies couldn't fight their way to
a drink from the Ohio.

No, disaster is always just around the corner -- if not from
Konev-in-Cuba or Red Grenada or the UN's black helicopters, then from
the Axis of Evil, or from the tightly unified, billion-strong
Islamofascist march to world domination, or illegal immigrants, or
French fries, or the Demo-enemy within, or something.

Hey -- it's not easy being worried all the time, but somebody has to
do it.

-Monte, seventh ("stealth") imam of the Weekly Standard

Old April 3rd 06, 08:43 PM posted to sci.space.history

Monte Davis wrote:

No, disaster is always just around the corner -- if not from
Konev-in-Cuba or Red Grenada or the UN's black helicopters, then from
the Axis of Evil, or from the tightly unified, billion-strong
Islamofascist march to world domination, or illegal immigrants, or
French fries, or the Demo-enemy within, or something.

Orwell sure got it right in "1984" didn't he?
When the Soviet Union fell, I was wondering who was going to replace
them as the United State's official enemy.
I thought it would be China; but we don't dare **** them off from an
economic point of view.
The Arabs make perfect enemies; they have a different religion, they
speak a very different language, they aren't the same color as most of
us, and they have oil that needs to be liberated from their filthy
clutches if it is ever to live free. ;-)

Pat
Old April 6th 06, 05:12 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Robert J. Kolker wrote:
Andy wrote:

Pat Flannery wrote:

Atlas Bugged wrote:

No. The entire problem with radical Islam can - and likely will -
be solved with a few very intense strikes, not even nuclear. What's
needed to win a war is that the enemy has to have their will broken.

Remember how well the Luftwaffe did in breaking the spirit of the
English populace during The Battle Of Britain?
You think they were angry and united before, just try killing their
children and watch what happens.

Pat

Indeed.

Sometimes I think the best solution is to cordon the whole area
(M.E.) off from trade and any outside influences and see how long it
takes for them to fix things themselves. It'd be a fair solution
except for a lot of the bleedin' hearts.

No cordon would work either.

Too bad there aren't any merc corps.

Here is a historical question: What became of Carthage after the Romans
destroyed it thoroughly (The Romans wrecked all the property, poisoned
the soil and killed a half million Carthagenians)? The answer is
Carthage dissapeared. It fell never to rise again. Attacking Carthage
did not toughen it. The Romans destroyed it. The made a Desolation and
they called it Peace.

Delenda Cartogo Est!

Good point. But personally I'd rather just leave and let'em. ;-)

Old April 6th 06, 05:12 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Atlas Bugged wrote:
"Andy" wrote in message

Sometimes I think the best solution is to cordon the whole area (M.E.)
off from trade and any outside influences and see how long it takes for
them to fix things themselves. It'd be a fair solution except for a lot of
the bleedin' hearts.

They'd collapse in a year.

So?