Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

Old April 2nd 06, 03:56 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Default Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 01:55:32 +1000, in a place far, far away, "Johnboy"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
a way as to indicate that:

I'm a peaceable person with a fine tertiary education who lives in a very
beautiful, sophisticated city of 4 million, in a pleasant, law-abiding
country where the only people who use guns to fight crime are members of
the
police force.

I'd take it over any place in the USA were yokel's run around armed to the
teeth, because I know were my family would be safer.

Your ignorance and bigotry are showing.

Rand, I don't think you should start lecturing me on ignorance and bigotry.

Hey, I call them the way I see them.

Your posts seem to indicate that your world-view is beamed directly into
your brain by the good folk on Fox Cable News.

Sorry, no.
Old April 2nd 06, 04:03 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Bob" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 08:45:30 +1000, "Johnboy"
wrote:

My country's quite nice,

What country is that?

Australia. Come on over one day, and point out the hell-holey bits that you
gunlovers are convinced must be there.

but I am definitely not allowed to own a gun.

An unarmed wimp peasant.

No. But you got the first two words right, so well done.

I'm a peaceable person with a fine tertiary education who lives in a very
beautiful, sophisticated city of 4 million, in a pleasant, law-abiding
country where the only people who use guns to fight crime are members of the
police force.

I'd take it over any place in the USA were yokel's run around armed to the
teeth, because I know were my family would be safer.

Cheers,
Johnboy

--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."

Old April 2nd 06, 04:12 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message
Bob wrote:

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 09:56:07 +1000, "Johnboy"
wrote:

Then you understand why I advocate tyrannicide. I want to put the fear
of God in politicians.

Here's a thought - stap them to chairs and throw them in the river, and
those that float are tyrants and those that sink are Pure and Clean.
That'll put the fear of God into them, 'cause God will be the one who
decides.

That's won't work because demagogues are by definition completely full
of **** so they will float like the turds they are.

Tyrannicide can be implemented according to Common Law. In fact that
is exactly how it was practiced in England.

Yeah. That is how the got rid of Henry the Eight.

Bob Kolker

No. Henry VIII lived to the age of 56, I believe, when he finally snuffed
it. Possibly of syphillis, thought it may simply have been that he was
grossly overweight and something gave out.

Though it must be said that many of his wives were not so lucky,
longevity-wise.

Cheers,
Johnboy

Old April 2nd 06, 04:15 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message
Bob wrote:

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:36:29 +1000, "Johnboy"
wrote:

Blame Hollywood - they would never let the truth get in the way of a good
story, and John Wayne looked very heroic in that leather helmet.

Also the P-51 had not been invented until after PH.

Not true. The P-51 was delivered to the RAF before PH. The Rolls-Royce
engines were added later. It two nearly three years for our Army Air Corps
to wake up to the fact that our bombers needed escorts all the way to and
from the target.

The P-51 did not become a star performer until it got a decent engine, the
Rolls-Royce Merlin Engine. Made by leftist queers, by the way.

Most of them made by women, actually.

Cheers,
Johnboy

Bob Kolker

Old April 2nd 06, 04:28 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Johnboy wrote:

Here's a thought - stap them to chairs and throw them in the river, and
those that float are tyrants and those that sink are Pure and Clean.
That'll put the fear of God into them, 'cause God will be the one who
decides.

Don't forget the scales and the duck.

Where's the profit in that? Just release them into a sealed compound, with
20 minutes head start, and let the winner of the Prosecution Pool have a
sniper rifle. The state gets a cut of the wagers, and the money from the
Pool goes to widows and orphans. The ratings should be fantastic. I want the
Cadre Cola franchise!

Old April 2nd 06, 04:28 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Andy" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:
CatPanDaddy wrote:

But radical jihad Islam is more like the common cold than Rome ever was.
It knows no physical boundaries and it mutates and assimilates. You
can't exterminate the common cold.

Make enough martyrs, the problem goes away.

Oh, really?

Really.

Old April 2nd 06, 04:34 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Andy" wrote in message
Sometimes I think the best solution is to cordon the whole area (M.E.)
off from trade and any outside influences and see how long it takes for
them to fix things themselves. It'd be a fair solution except for a lot of
the bleedin' hearts.

That's pretty close to what I was saying about Bosnia- sterilize the ground
for 1/2 mile in from the border, seed it with mines as if they were blades
of grass, and execute anything bigger than a rabbit trying to cross the
border. Cut off all communication and trade, including humanitarian aid.
Once every three months, recon in force just to see if they've learned to
behave themselves. Once they've beaten themselves into submission, gradually
assist in rebuilding, and at the slightest sign of a relapse, pull out and
shut everything down for 6 months.

This way, they take care of their own problems with their own resources.
Outsiders don't interfere and can't be blamed for the result. They can learn
to behave or die, depending on their choices.

WHen Tito was in power, the people still hated each other, but they managed
not to kill each other. Thus, they know how to behave already, they just
choose not to.

Old April 2nd 06, 04:35 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Johnboy wrote:

No. Henry VIII lived to the age of 56, I believe, when he finally snuffed
it. Possibly of syphillis, thought it may simply have been that he was
grossly overweight and something gave out.

I should have marked my response as sarcasm, which you apparently missed.

England was cursed with tyrants until after the Revolution which finally
put Parliement in charge. Charles I was a genuine victim of tyrannicide.

Bob Kolker

Old April 2nd 06, 04:36 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Atlas Bugged" wrote in message
They'd collapse in a year. But that's just like "tyrannicide" that I
discussed in another thread. A great idea, if only it could be
implemented. Both, unfortunately, are just wishful thinking.

Too damn many do-gooders. They want to feel needed, so they enable bad
habits that result in people needing them.

Old April 2nd 06, 04:36 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

wrote:

Blame Hollywood - they would never let the truth get in the way of a good
story, and John Wayne looked very heroic in that leather helmet.

Also the P-51 had not been invented until after PH.

Not true. The P-51 was delivered to the RAF before PH. The Rolls-Royce
engines were added later. It two nearly three years for our Army Air Corps
to wake up to the fact that our bombers needed escorts all the way to and
from the target.

The P-51 did not become a star performer until it got a decent engine, the
Rolls-Royce Merlin Engine. Made by leftist queers, by the way.

Most of them made by women, actually.

Invented and designed by leftist queers like Whipple and Barnes-Wallace.

Bob Kolker