Explain this, then, you Global Warming Freaks

Old June 1st 19, 08:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default Explain this, then, you Global Warming Freaks

If you follow the Equator around the Earth, you'll find more Rain Forests
than anything else. There are areas very densely populated by an abundance
of vegetation, matched nowhere else on Earth and the majority of the Global
animal species have taken up residence there. The heat hovers above 100F
and the humidity will make it difficult to breathe for native residents from
above or below the Tropics of Cancer or Capricorn. These Rain Forests
flourish in Equador, Southern Columbia Northern Peru and in most of Brazil,
despite man's concerted effort to clearcut all the trees. In Africa they
can be found in Gabon, the Congo and Uganda and Kenya. Also the islands of
Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei et al are covered in Rain Forests.

So, how again is a computer modeled rise in World temperature by say, 5
degrees, detrimental to us ?? the Rain forests would spread North and South,
the wild life numbers would increase and people would sweat more ... your
turn, Palsing ... shovel some more of your usual bull****.

Old June 1st 19, 10:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 12:43:39 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:

[...]

What you say, on the surface, seems perfectly logical, and there was a time when I was right there with you. I'm no climate scientist and I personally have no answer for you from personal experience, but that doesn't mean that your scenario can't be addressed by others who are more knowledgable than either of us.
Read these, for example...

https://skepticalscience.com/few-deg...al-warming.htm

https://www.climaterealityproject.or...degrees-warmer

Here are a whole lot of responses...

https://tinyurl.com/y5d25t8b

So for me, the question becomes "how do we know who to believe about all of this?" I can only speak for myself, and I simply do not think that the world's population is being bamboozled and lied to by a few well-placed people who will be getting rich because of this. I think that the scientific community as a whole is honest and that the way the Scientific Method works keeps them honest. That does not mean that they are always correct but it does mean that they are *probably* mostly correct, even if their timing might be suspect. Plus, the vast majority of climate scientists mostly agree that climate change is real and has negative long-term effects for most of the world's populations.

As always, it is all about the data and the evidence, and I see a whole lot from the one side and very little from the other side that can't be refuted. Whether you believe me or not, I'm a really big skeptic about most claims and always do a lot of due diligence before making any statements of my own. That is why I'm always asking for evidence and why I always provide evidence to support my own position. It is always evidence that changes my mind (and I've changed my mind often over the years) and I'm convinced that this whole climate change issue is real and mostly accurate. I would agree that the early climate change models left a lot to be desired, but the newer models are getting better and better with the passage of time, but no, they are nowhere near perfect right now...

The bottom line, in my view, is that there are just too many people on this Earth, and the population is increasing at an alarming rate, mostly by people who can least afford a big family to begin with... but I have no answer to this perceived problem and I see no answer proposed by anyone that I would trust...

Old June 2nd 19, 12:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Sylvain[_4_]

Le 01/06/2019 Ã* 21:43, Hägar a écritÂ*:
If you follow the Equator around the Earth, you'll find more Rain
Forests than anything else.Â* There are areas very densely populated by
an abundance of vegetation, matched nowhere else on Earth and the
majority of the Global animal species have taken up residence there.
The heat hovers above 100F and the humidity will make it difficult to
breathe for native residents from above or below the Tropics of Cancer
or Capricorn.Â* These Rain Forests flourish in Equador, Southern Columbia
Northern Peru and in most of Brazil, despite man's concerted effort to
clearcut all the trees.Â* In Africa they can be found in Gabon, the Congo
and Uganda and Kenya. Also the islands of Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei et
al are covered in Rain Forests.

So, how again is a computer modeled rise in World temperature by say, 5
degrees, detrimental to us ?? the Rain forests would spread North and
South, the wild life numbers would increase and people would sweat more
... your turn, Palsing ... shovel some more of your usual bull****.

It is not directly the temperature which to engender the rain to the
equator level but the contrast of temperature between the equatorial
area and the arround 30° 35° latitude area

It's because the atmosphere movements are engendered by convection
cells. There are three convection cells.

Two driving force = Hadley cell and polar cell

One pulled = Ferrel cell

The Hadley cell, the air go up to arround equator and go down to arround
30° 35° latitude
Very wet to equator
Very dry to 30° 35°

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadley_cell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_circulation

Old June 2nd 19, 12:34 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

*** Like the Democrats and CNN and MSNBC who to this day swear that Trump is
a Russian agent and that the Russkies helped to elect him to POTUS ... like
that, Palsing ???

who will be getting rich because of this. I think that the scientific
community as a whole is honest and that the way the Scientific Method works
keeps them honest. That does not mean that they are always correct but it
does mean that they are *probably* mostly correct, even if their timing
might be suspect. Plus, the vast majority of climate scientists mostly agree
that climate change is real and has negative long-term effects for most of
the world's populations.

*** The World's population lives in climate of above 110F and extremely high
humidity to Point Barrow, where there is total darkness for 5 months and the
temperatures are in the below (-) 40F range .. like that, Palsing ???

As always, it is all about the data and the evidence, and I see a whole lot
from the one side and very little from the other side that can't be refuted.
Whether you believe me or not, I'm a really big skeptic about most claims
and always do a lot of due diligence before making any statements of my own.
That is why I'm always asking for evidence and why I always provide evidence
to support my own position. It is always evidence that changes my mind (and
I've changed my mind often over the years) and I'm convinced that this whole
climate change issue is real and mostly accurate. I would agree that the
early climate change models left a lot to be desired, but the newer models
are getting better and better with the passage of time, but no, they are
nowhere near perfect right now...

*** Gee, you mean like the "hockey stick" ... when the earliest version of
the climate morons was still called Climate Change, they needed something
with more impact to jog the World population into their alley of bull****,
the IPCC directed computer modeling until ... you guessed it, the infamous
Hockey Stick appeared. Unfortunately, the computer manipulating culprits
long ago abandoned the IPCC ship for fear of being held responsible for this
hoax ... even Pachauri, the head cheese and sexual molester quit while the
getting out was good ... like that, Palsing ???

The bottom line, in my view, is that there are just too many people on this
Earth, and the population is increasing at an alarming rate, mostly by
people who can least afford a big family to begin with... but I have no
answer to this perceived problem and I see no answer proposed by anyone that
I would trust...

*** You finally hit the nail on the head !!! Way too many people. Und it is
unfortunate that those who can afford it least are multiplying the most, all
wanting their share of the consumer goods, throw away products made by those
who are taxed to the extent that they can't afford more than one, perhaps
two kids, since both parents have to be working to pay the Federal and State
and City Extortion rates called taxes, to pay for those who are too busy
multiplying like rabbits ... you finally got it right, Palsing ... Bravo !!!

Old June 2nd 19, 03:29 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 4:34:52 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

You are exaggerating again, without a shred of proof. Show evidence that CNN and MSNBC have sworn that Trump is a Russian agent, or STFU, Hagar. you are quick with the mouth but never provide evidence. As for the other claim, it is not that the Russians helped elect Trump, it is that they interfered with our elections. Here...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...n-plot-1365568

"The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion," Mueller wrote in the 448-page document, which lays out new details about a Kremlin-backed plot that compromised Democrats' computer networks and targeted state and local election offices. Mueller wrote that investigators also found evidence of repeated communications — but not "coordination" — between associates of then-candidate Donald Trump and people claiming to have damaging information on Hillary Clinton."

Sure, you can claim that this is all bull****, but you can't provide any evidence to support your claim, right?

There is plenty more where that came from...

https://tinyurl.com/yxv5hfne

who will be getting rich because of this. I think that the scientific
community as a whole is honest and that the way the Scientific Method works
keeps them honest. That does not mean that they are always correct but it
does mean that they are *probably* mostly correct, even if their timing
might be suspect. Plus, the vast majority of climate scientists mostly agree
that climate change is real and has negative long-term effects for most of
the world's populations.

*** The World's population lives in climate of above 110F and extremely high
humidity to Point Barrow, where there is total darkness for 5 months and the
temperatures are in the below (-) 40F range .. like that, Palsing ???

I'm sorry, but this sentence does not follow, it is a non-sequitur. Please restate what you are trying to say because the first time around you have failed.

[...]

You always fail to do your homework, Hagar, and I catch you every time...

https://skepticalscience.com/broken-hockey-stick.htm

Oh, there are lots more...

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...lained/275753/

https://andthentheresphysics.wordpre...hockey-sticks/

https://www.newscientist.com/article...-proven-wrong/

Regarding Pachauri... there are assholes in every walk of life, and you are old enough to understand this. That is just the way it is and probably always will be.

The bottom line, in my view, is that there are just too many people on this
Earth, and the population is increasing at an alarming rate, mostly by
people who can least afford a big family to begin with... but I have no
answer to this perceived problem and I see no answer proposed by anyone that
I would trust...

*** You finally hit the nail on the head !!! Way too many people. Und it is
unfortunate that those who can afford it least are multiplying the most, all
wanting their share of the consumer goods, throw away products made by those
who are taxed to the extent that they can't afford more than one, perhaps
two kids, since both parents have to be working to pay the Federal and State
and City Extortion rates called taxes, to pay for those who are too busy
multiplying like rabbits ... you finally got it right, Palsing ... Bravo !!!

What do you mean "finally got it right"? This has been obvious to me for decades...

Old June 2nd 19, 04:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

&&& To this day all you have to do is tune to MSNBC or CNN and Rachel Maddow
or Don Lemon will blather what a traitor and Russian spy Trump is. I don't
have to prove this to you, since it is self evident to any observant person,
which obviously doesn not include you/

Hagar. you are quick with the mouth but never provide evidence. As for the
other claim, it is not that the Russians helped elect Trump, it is that they
interfered with our elections. Here...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...n-plot-1365568

"The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in
sweeping and systematic fashion," Mueller wrote in the 448-page document,
which lays out new details about a Kremlin-backed plot that compromised
Democrats' computer networks and targeted state and local election offices.
Mueller wrote that investigators also found evidence of repeated
communications — but not "coordination" — between associates of
then-candidate Donald Trump and people claiming to have damaging information
on Hillary Clinton."

&&& All I need to say is this: Hillary's Russian Uranium Deal. Any other
questions as to whom the Russkies were aiding and abetting ??

Sure, you can claim that this is all bull****, but you can't provide any
evidence to support your claim, right?

&&& Again, I feel it is below my dignity to jump and root through reams of
crapola to come up with any kind of proof that would satisfy you, for in the
end, people like you have their opinions burned into their brains and like
all demented Democrats are immovable on any subject that is contrary to
their brainwashing.

[...]

&&& You really are a dummy, Palsing. I was referring to the statement that
scientists feel that Global Warming will have a negative long term effect on
most of the World's population. To reiterate: Humans are the most adaptable
"animals" on Earth. They thrive in the Brazilian Rain Forest, where is is
hotter than a fire cracker as as humid as a bubble bath, to the Arctic ocean
(Point Barrow, Cape Lisborne etc, where the winter nights are long and very,
very cold. So your scientists are full of ****. As I said 5 more degrees
of heat and the Amazon jungle dwellers probably wouldn't even know the
difference. The Rain Forest would spread a little more north and south and
the 3 o'clock December temperature at Point Barrow would read -45 instead
of -50 ... no one would even notice, but you hand wringers.

[...]

&&& You'll have to get out of bed a lot sooner to catch me Palsing. I am
glad, however, that you think your tenuous "proof" of Global Warming (those
bottom of the barrel snippets you post as "proof")

[...]

!!!

What do you mean "finally got it right"? This has been obvious to me for
decades...

&&& Well congratulation to you !!! too bad the rest of your brain refuses
to accept reality ....

Old June 2nd 19, 04:33 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Sylvain" wrote in message ...

[...]

*** Sylvain, you are almost as smart as that moron Herbert Glazier ... are
you praying to Mecca yet ???

Old June 2nd 19, 05:26 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

which obviously doesn't not include you/

Yeah well, that's not proof of anything. You can't prove it to me, that's the problem here. I want the actual evidence that CNN and MSNBC have sworn that Trump is a Russian agent... and this isn't it. Be specific. Show links to support your tenuous claim. You can't, of course, because you are just making this up. Evidence rules, and you haven't got any.

[...]

Again, Hafgar, you fail to do your homework. When will you ever learn? Sure Hillary Clinton is not lily-white, and I've never cared for her or voted for her, but you fall for the crap that is spewed by those who hate her the most and therefore miss out on the real story...

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-...n-uranium-rus/

"A Facebook post claims that Hillary Clinton transferred uranium to Russia in exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation. It also says Robert Mueller was involved.

The claim makes it seem like Clinton bears responsibility for the deal when a panel of several departments and agencies were part of its approval.

And while the connections between the Clinton Foundation and the Russian deal may appear fishy, there is no proof of any quid pro quo.

As for Mueller, the ties are even more specious.

We rate this claim Mostly False."

Sure, you can claim that this is all bull****, but you can't provide any
evidence to support your claim, right?

&&& Again, I feel it is below my dignity to jump and root through reams of
crapola to come up with any kind of proof that would satisfy you, for in the
end, people like you have their opinions burned into their brains and like
all demented Democrats are immovable on any subject that is contrary to
their brainwashing.

You say "below your dignity", which is secret code for "I don't have any evidence... I just make **** up as I go along..." Again, evidence rules, and you are empty-handed... you are all bark and no bite, just like everyone else who talks before they think...

By the way, I am a registered Republican, so stuff that into your bong and puff away...

[...]

All this proves is that you never read the links, or that you failed to comprehend them, or that you aren't as smart as I thought you were. At this point in time, I don't know which is true.

[...]

Yeah, I'm not the guy who doesn't accept reality... except in your dreams.

Evidence, Hagar, is the key. Get some.

Old June 2nd 19, 11:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

palsing wrote:
[...]

Simple answers to "overpopulation" ........CONDOMS, and ABSTINENCE.
See,.....that's not so hard.

As for "climate change"
All the "evidence" is wrong. Man has bugger-all to do with it. It has been
happening since the earth was created. And will happen long after MANKIND
has died off.
A simple look at plate tectonics and continental drift will prove that.
That COAL and OIL that came from plants and animals, are found in areas
that are now colder than sin and covered in ice.

Old June 2nd 19, 04:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

### In conclusion to this ridiculous tit-for-tat I can only say this:
today, here where I live, the daily temperature is not any hotter than it
was 50 years ago. We have out 6 years of drought and then one year of
overabundance of rain, just like clockwork, since time immemorial.
Regarding the comment that you are a registered Republican .... well Special
Investigator Mueller makes the same claim and if you believe him, then you
truly are dumber than a rock.
This discussion is over. Not because I can't find the evidence you so
desperately crave, but because the entire argument is moot in face of what I
see with my own eyes every day and certain non-issues, such as Global
Warming, aren't worth the effort. Case closed. Send me a post card in 12
years if we are still around. Be sure to vote for that wizard AOC !!!