optics-zone

Old August 24th 04, 12:55 PM
Gaz

Default optics-zone

hi all,

Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with this outfit:
http://www.optics-zone.com/ ?

they seem very cheap..?

thanks in advance

Gaz
Old August 24th 04, 02:17 PM
Edward

"Gaz" wrote in message
om...
hi all,

Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with this outfit:
http://www.optics-zone.com/ ?

they seem very cheap..?

thanks in advance

Gaz

Little scary, no phone or physical address. But if theyre for real, the
Takahashi Mewlon 300 for $2000 looks like a bargain.
http://www.optics-zone.com/product_i...products_id=82

Ed T.

Old August 24th 04, 10:29 PM
Gaz

"Edward" wrote in message ink.net...

Little scary, no phone or physical address. But if theyre for real, the
Takahashi Mewlon 300 for $2000 looks like a bargain.
http://www.optics-zone.com/product_i...products_id=82

Ed T.

hi Ed,

thats whats worrying me, theres a LOT of bargains, the LX 90 and the
16' meade for instance.....

Gaz

#1 under warranty they state all the products they sell have a 3 year
internaitonal warranty . I haven't heard of Meade selling internaitonally
and offering international warranties through US dealers , so at least that
detail false .

#2 there's absolutely, repeat, ABSOLUTELY no way to contact these people .
They state they're offering a 30 day money back guarantee but there's no way
to contact them. No email, no phone, no address. Good luck trying to return
something .

#3 I clicked on shipping and returns, and they're asking me to create an
account. Fine, I created an account. There's still no option to get an RMA
or contact them in any way for returning stuff. All I get is more shopping
options, they're redirecting my browsing to their new arrivals page instead
of showing any return information.

#4 I clicked the Contact us button . I got a form instead of an address,
phone number, email address. I filled in the form and clicked send. I was
thrown back to a thank you page, with no contact info at all, just a one
line text that my request has been sent to the store owner . Then I was sent
back to their new merchandise page .

#5 A Whois search for the domain name optics-zone.com revealed the name was
recorded on 7/5/2004 , the owner address is in Switzerland, he used a Yahoo
email address to register the domain name.

Here's the search result:
WHOIS information for optics-zone.com:

[whois.register.it]

Register.it Spa - Whois Server Version 1.2

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET and .ORG domains.

Domain name: OPTICS-ZONE.COM
Created on: 2004-07-05
Updated on: 2004-07-05
Expires on: 2005-07-05
Registrant Name: SWISS OPTICS LTD
Contact: Swiss Optics LTD
Registrant Address: Seestrasse 514
Registrant City: Bern
Registrant Postal Code: CH-8806
Registrant Country: CH
Administrative Contact Organization: Klaus Salzberg
Administrative Contact Name: Klaus Salzberg
Administrative Contact Address: Seestrasse 514
Administrative Contact City: Bern
Administrative Contact Postal Code: CH-8806
Administrative Contact Country: CH
Administrative Contact Email:
Administrative Contact Tel: +41 554 515447
Administrative Contact Fax: +41 554 515447
Technical Contact Organization: Technical Support
Technical Contact Name: Technical Support
Technical Contact Address: Via A Ponti, 6
Technical Contact City: Bergamo
Technical Contact Postal Code: 24126
Technical Contact Country: IT
Technical Contact Email:

Technical Contact Phone: +39 035 3230400
Technical Contact Fax: +39 035 3230312
Primary Name Server Hostname: NS1.REGISTER.IT
Secondary Name Server Hostname: NS2.REGISTER.IT

Last update of whois database: Wed Aug 25 06:22:40 2004

Now follows #6, if you still want to buy a scope from them, I have a better
deal for you, and I'll throw in a large bridge of your choice for free .
Just send me your cash , I'll give you a p.o. box and a yahoo email address.

best regards,
matt tudor

Old August 25th 04, 11:49 PM
Gaz

thanks all, seems to prove the saying 'if something looks too good to
be true, it usually is!'

thanks again

Gaz