At sea-level NOBODY has gone faster than 600KPH, but you believe that they reach 1200KPH, don't you?

Old March 12th 04, 03:26 AM
Douglas Berry

Default At sea-level NOBODY has gone faster than 600KPH, but you believe that they reach 1200KPH, don't you?

Lo, many moons past, on Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:58:48 +0000, a stranger
called by some Ross Lockley came forth and told this
tale in alt.atheism

You, sir, are a fuitcake.

--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

Fuitcake???? :-)

I was rolling my "r"s and one went right off the desk. Stepped on it
later, hurt like a bitch.
--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

Ezekiel 13:20 "Wherefore thus saith the
Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows"
Old March 12th 04, 08:27 PM
Douglas Berry

Lo, many moons past, on 12 Mar 2004 11:24:19 -0800, a stranger called
by some (bart janssens) came forth and
told this tale in alt.atheism

Douglas Berry wrote in message . ..

Bart, it does vanish over the horizon. I've seen it myself in orbit,
and thousands have tracked it on launch to that point.

Are you NOW claiming that you yourself saw a launch of a Space Shuttle
and that you followed it with your OWN EYES,
until it vanished over the horizon?

Read what I wrote. I have seen the shuttle launch, and then saw, in
orbit, a shuttle that travels from horiszon to horizon. It wasn't
there before the launch, and after the shuttle lands, it's not there
anymore.

Tell you what. *You* pay my way to the next night launch, and I will
observe. If I cannot track the shuttle to the horizon, I'll pay you
back. Deal?

In addition, there are dozens of nations worldwide that track objects
in orbit.

But, did any-one testify that they saw the launch of a Space Shuttle,
and that they followed it with their OWN EYES,
until it vanished over the horizon?

I know many, many people who have done that several times. You want
to pay for travel and legal fees, I'm sure that they will happily give
depositions to this effect.

Put up or shut up.

Old March 12th 04, 11:17 PM
Stephen Fels

Bart, your table of "maximum" velocities by weight is incomplete (besides
being flawed). Here's one that blows your theory and it's readily provable
with some simple math...

Earth: Weight = 5,980,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Kilograms, velocity =
107,300 km/h
--
Stephen
Home Page: stephmon.com

Old March 13th 04, 12:23 AM
Douglas Berry

Lo, many moons past, on Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:17:02 GMT, a stranger
called by some "Stephen Fels" came forth and told
this tale in alt.atheism

Bart, your table of "maximum" velocities by weight is incomplete (besides
being flawed). Here's one that blows your theory and it's readily provable
with some simple math...

Earth: Weight = 5,980,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Kilograms, velocity =
107,300 km/h

Now figure the mass of the entire solar system, and our speed as we
orbit the Core.

Wheeeee!!!

Old March 13th 04, 03:33 AM
Alan Hobson

For an MPEG film of an F/A-18 breaking the sound barrier at about 50'
above sea-level go he

http://www.gmi.edu/~drussell/Demos/doppler/mach1.html

-Alan
aa#1608 BAAWA