In the sky this morning

Old September 30th 03, 03:55 PM
jojo

Default In the sky this morning

We finally have some clear crisp skies in the morning here
in central Texas.

This morning I watched Jupiter rise in the east and a while later watched
another planet rise below it. I thought this was Saturn, but after a bit
or research, I find that it's mercury? Never seen Mercury in a scope,
so I'm looking forward to that on Friday morning!

Saturn is in the south-east right now too?
I will have to be quick to get then all in before sunrise.

Tell me...If I take my scope out and set it up the night before,
will covering it with a sheet protect it from dew?

Thanks...
jojo

Old October 1st 03, 11:16 AM
Don Baker

Jojo,

Congratulations on finding Mercury! I live in San Antonio, and the last
couple of mornings have been fantastic. Saturn is in Gemini right now.
It's very high in the SSE (almost overhead) at about 6am.
I wouldn't wait till Friday morning, clouds will be rolling in, in the next
few days. So get it while you can.
And yes, a sheet should be enough to keep the dew off the scope.

--

Don Baker
Go 18, 5 & 14....(also 8, 40, & 30)