Heavens-Above - PDA sync problems

Old October 13th 03, 12:43 PM
HilmiR

Default Heavens-Above - PDA sync problems

Hello everybody,

Have you recently experienced any problems with syncronizing satellite
predictions on your PDAs with the use of H-A's AvantGo subscription channel?
Some days ago something went wrong with my list of sat predictions - it
simply fails to synch properly. When I try to access the channel on my
device after I synchronized it via MS Activesync, I'm only directed to the
initial welcome screen, where I'm asked to provide user ID and password and
sync the device in order for the changes to take effect. Yet, nothing
happens after the synchronization - I simply get the same welcome screen
over and over again. Another strange issue is that I hadn't modified any
settings concerned with the channel before the synching problem appeared.

Has somebody got any idea how to fix this problem?

greetz HilmiR

Old October 13th 03, 08:42 PM
Lee Tidler

For what its worth, I made Heavens-Above an Avantgo custom channel based on
my location (Lat/Long in the url). No check-in, straight to the info. Page
depth set at 2, runs about 150K. Gives me all I need.
I tried using HA's Avantgo channel, but I remember it having some problems
on my Palm (m-100!), similar to the problems you seem to be having.
Hope this helps.

Old October 13th 03, 11:58 PM
Alexander Avtanski

HilmiR wrote:

Hello everybody,

Have you recently experienced any problems with syncronizing satellite
predictions on your PDAs with the use of H-A's AvantGo subscription channel?
Some days ago something went wrong with my list of sat predictions - it
simply fails to synch properly. When I try to access the channel on my
device after I synchronized it via MS Activesync, I'm only directed to the
initial welcome screen, where I'm asked to provide user ID and password and
sync the device in order for the changes to take effect. Yet, nothing
happens after the synchronization - I simply get the same welcome screen
over and over again. Another strange issue is that I hadn't modified any
settings concerned with the channel before the synching problem appeared.

Has somebody got any idea how to fix this problem?

greetz HilmiR

Hi,

FYI: I just tested my AvantGo channel - no problems here.
I'm using m100, if this matters.

Regards,

- Alex

Old October 14th 03, 01:09 PM
Erwin

You wrote:
Have you recently experienced any problems with syncronizing satellite
predictions on your PDAs with the use of H-A's AvantGo subscription
channel? Some days ago something went wrong with my list of sat
predictions - it simply fails to synch properly. When I try to access
the channel on my device after I synchronized it via MS Activesync,
I'm only directed to the initial welcome screen, where I'm asked to
provide user ID and password and sync the device in order for the
changes to take effect. Yet, nothing happens after the
synchronization - I simply get the same welcome screen over and over
again. Another strange issue is that I hadn't modified any settings
concerned with the channel before the synching problem appeared.

Has somebody got any idea how to fix this problem?

Since I don't like AvantGo I use plucker
(http://www.plkr.org/index.plkr?a=home) on my Sony Clié. It's smaller and
faster but requires some extra work. H-A didn't work, because of the
password protection, so I wrote a little Java program to fetch the HTML
pages from H-A. You can download it from my page:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/erwin.harkink/Astro/Astro.html
It doesn't fix your Avantgo trouble, but maybe you'll find it a nice
workaround (if yuo have a Palm OS based PDA).
Cheers,
Erwin