Shenzhou VI in orbit!

Old October 12th 05, 03:40 AM
Pat Flannery

Default Shenzhou VI in orbit!

http://www.sinodaily.com/news/china-05zzzzzzzzl.html
Went up at 9 pm EDT- successfully in orbit.

Pat
Old October 12th 05, 05:33 AM
OM

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:40:50 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

http://www.sinodaily.com/news/china-05zzzzzzzzl.html
Went up at 9 pm EDT- successfully in orbit.

....yeah, I'm about to write up an OMBlog entry on it here in a bit. If
anyone's got a link to a clip of the launch coverage - apparently the
Commies decided to allow it this time - please pass it on so I can
include it.

OM

--

"Try Andre Dead Duck Canadian Champagne! | http://www.io.com/~o_m
Rated the lamest of the cheapest deported | Sergeant-At-Arms
Old October 12th 05, 09:06 AM

Pat Flannery wrote:
http://www.sinodaily.com/news/china-05zzzzzzzzl.html
Went up at 9 pm EDT- successfully in orbit.

Pat

Yeah, launched 1 day ahead of the schedule. Another glorious victory
for the glorious people of the peoples republic. Is that launcher all
hydrazine? I got nauseous just looking at the launch pad fumes on the
video.

Old October 12th 05, 05:41 PM
John

OM,

I just watched a video clip of the launch at CNN's website. Have a
look there.

blue skies to all . . .

John

Old October 13th 05, 03:07 AM
Ray

I believe the CZ-2F is powered by nitrogen-tetroxide.

Ray
"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Yeah, launched 1 day ahead of the schedule. Another glorious victory
for the glorious people of the peoples republic. Is that launcher all
hydrazine? I got nauseous just looking at the launch pad fumes on the
video.

Yes it is. How would you like to be the person who gets to recover the
first stage's black box?:
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_3608599.htm
BTW- the Chinese say that they may launch a woman on Shenzhou IX in five
years:
http://www.spacedaily.com/2005/05101....aq6hdv2h.html
... which gives you some idea of their intended launch rate- this is not a
rushed program.

Pat

Pat

Old October 13th 05, 04:06 AM
Pat Flannery

Ray wrote:

I believe the CZ-2F is powered by nitrogen-tetroxide.

That's the oxidizor; Unsymmetrical Dimethylhydrazine is the fuel:
http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/cz2f.htm
Anyone going up to used first stage shortly after it fell from the sky
is luck to be alive.

Pat
Old October 13th 05, 04:53 AM
Damon Hill

Pat Flannery wrote in
:

Ray wrote:

I believe the CZ-2F is powered by nitrogen-tetroxide.

That's the oxidizor; Unsymmetrical Dimethylhydrazine is the fuel:
http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/cz2f.htm
Anyone going up to used first stage shortly after it fell from the sky
is luck to be alive.

That and the strap-ons. I imagine the Proton and any
number of small Russian launchers could be the same if they
have any residual propellant that wasn't vented at altitude.

--Damon
Old October 13th 05, 05:43 AM
Pat Flannery

Damon Hill wrote:

That and the strap-ons. I imagine the Proton and any
number of small Russian launchers could be the same if they
have any residual propellant that wasn't vented at altitude.

Check out picture #2 on this page's slideshow; it's venting something.
http://www.eurasianet.org/department...v041902.shtml#
Is picture #11 the after-effects of a Proton launch?

Pat