Chicago

Old July 20th 04, 09:39 PM
bob haller

There was someone flying over Chicago trailing an ad banner behind them
(for a car, I think) - very odd to be looking at one of these from eye
level...

I am surprised they are still permitted to do that after 9-11 perfect bomb
delivery device...
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old July 20th 04, 10:34 PM
Andrew Gray

On 2004-07-20, Jeff Findley wrote:

"Andrew Gray" wrote in message
. ..

There was someone flying over Chicago trailing an ad banner behind them
(for a car, I think) - very odd to be looking at one of these from eye
level...

This has been done in the US for years. I remember seeing them growing up
in Indianapolis, Indiana. You'd see them more often during large events,
like the Indianapolis 500.

Oh, I'm quite aware of the planes, it's just very unusual not to have to
look up at them ;-)

Every time I visit Columbus, Ohio, I notice the planes pulling those
banners. For some reason (hills, trees, size of the city), they don't do
this much where I live in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Yeah, it struck me that Chicago is probably about the optimal place for
it; a lot of the city is essentially focused out towards the lake.

--
-Andrew Gray