Was the Apollo moon landing faked?

Old November 9th 03, 06:42 PM
Jeffrey

Default Was the Apollo moon landing faked?

I know this topic has been blasted to death. Every now and then I read
compelling evidences that the moon landing in 1969 was faked. The article
below gives some interesting facts/lies:

http://go.jitbot.com/travel2moon-fake

What do you all think? Why can't the government get the facts straight about
moon landing, UFOs and bigfoot??

Jeff

Old November 9th 03, 08:00 PM
Jay Windley

"Jeffrey" wrote in message

| What do you all think? Why can't the government get the facts
| straight about moon landing...

Why do you suppose it's the government who can't get their facts straight?
Have you considered that the "discrepancies" and "anomalies" and
"inconsistencies" are being manufactured by largely ignorant people in order
to sell their books to still more ignorant people?

Your cited page is simply a ripoff of the "Cosmic Conspiracies" site, which
is still another ripoff of DARK MOON, a book by an avowed psychic and a
photographer and science fiction writer. It's loaded with error, wrong
assumptions, bad science, and just pure conspiratorial crap. Further, I
have spoken at length with the writer of the Cosmic Conspiracies page. He
agreed finally, after much debate, that his page was materially wrong on
many points and promised to revise it. That was more than a year ago, and
the page still sits there uncorrected. What kind of commitment to the truth
do you think that is?

These people know EXACTLY what they are doing. They are trying to bilk the
gullible and paranoid out of money using material they know has no
evidentiary merit.

Crosshair pictures? Emulsion bleed. Any photographer (including me) can
easily duplicate those.

Identical backgrounds? Parallax.

Identical terrain in flim clips? Sloppy research. The conspiracy theorists
use a poorly-edited PR film as their "official" source of NASA footage.

Halo effect? Scattering in the lens. Also reproducible by any
photographer.

Shadow directions? Wishful thinking. Shadows in real life do NOT always
appear parallel. I can reproduce this photo's shadow directions at will.

The "C" rock? Fiber on a print. It's not on the original transparencies,
just one one sloppy scan than has been widely circulated. When the
originals are presented as proof, conspiracists say they've been "doctored"
to remove it.

Bill Kaysing was not head of "advanced research" at Rocketdyne. He was an
English major who was a technical writer at one of their field offices. He
quit before any of the interesting work has done, and has made his living
for the past 25 years as a professional conspiracy theorist. You name the
theory, he'll believe in it for you.

The 500-page report was not submitted by "Charles Barrent" but rather by
Thomas Baron, a disgruntled ex-employee of North American. He was brought
to Congress' attention only through the Luddite efforts of Walter Mondale,
and was quickly discredited.

The radiation estimate for 2002 is based on a completely ignorant
understanding of radiation and orbital nuclear tests.

In short, the page you cite is full of laughable errors and ignorance. It
doesn't present any sort of credible alternative to the traditional history
of Apollo.

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

Old November 9th 03, 08:12 PM
Wally Anglesea™

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:42:35 -0500, "Jeffrey"
wrote:

I know this topic has been blasted to death. Every now and then I read
compelling evidences that the moon landing in 1969 was faked. The article
below gives some interesting facts/lies:

http://go.jitbot.com/travel2moon-fake

What do you all think? Why can't the government get the facts straight about
moon landing, UFOs and bigfoot??

Troll.
There are *NO* compelling arguments for a faked moon landing. None,
nada.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/apollohoax.html

--

Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."
Old November 9th 03, 10:20 PM
The Ancient One

"Jeffrey" wrote in message
I know this topic has been blasted to death. Every now and then I read
compelling evidences that the moon landing in 1969 was faked. The article
below gives some interesting facts/lies:

http://go.jitbot.com/travel2moon-fake

What do you all think? Why can't the government get the facts straight

about
moon landing, UFOs and bigfoot??

Jeff

I'll say it again, no intelligent person doubts the moon landings were real.
If you do, see above statement.

Old November 10th 03, 12:40 AM
37.11 Sth 142.36 Est

"Jeffrey" wrote in message ...
I know this topic has been blasted to death. Every now and then I read
compelling evidences that the moon landing in 1969 was faked. The article
below gives some interesting facts/lies:

http://go.jitbot.com/travel2moon-fake

What do you all think? Why can't the government get the facts straight about
moon landing, UFOs and bigfoot??

Jeff

G'day Y'all
Ha thats funny Jeff

Your government asassinates their own president and can't get the
facts straight about that.
Do you really think they give a rats for facts on the TV block-buster
"Moon Landing" ?

Robert
Old November 10th 03, 02:26 AM
Mac

wrote:
I know this topic has been blasted to death. Every now and then I read
compelling evidences that the moon landing in 1969 was faked. The article
below gives some interesting facts/lies:
http://go.jitbot.com/travel2moon-fake
What do you all think? Why can't the government get the facts straight about
moon landing, UFOs and bigfoot??
Jeff

************** ***********
You are making some intersting assumptions.
You lump Lunar Missions/Landings with alleged UFO's, and the Bigfoot
hoax, recently admitted to by one of the parties involved...
Neither of the latter two have "government" involvment.
HOWEVER, you might well consider the involvement of those writing the
books and putting up the WebPages you are considering... What is
their personal agenda?? What is their background; how well grounded
are they in even basic sciences, mathematics, or logic???
Again, what do you know of the history, and the agenda of the people
putting out this stuff?
---Mac
Old November 10th 03, 03:02 AM
drdrb

"Jeffrey" wrote in message ...
I know this topic has been blasted to death. Every now and then I read
compelling evidences that the moon landing in 1969 was faked.

Fund and organize an expedition to the moon. If you find the Apollo
lander, you can be fairly sure the original expition wasn't faked,
though it's possible that someone else put a fake lander there to fool
you. If you don't find a lander, you can be pretty sure that the
mission was faked, though someone may have removed the lander to fool
you, or maybe you're in the wrong place. Other possible explanations
exist. Report back with your results.