President Ron Paul might let the Space Shuttle flying beyond 2010. :-)

Old September 16th 07, 12:24 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Craig Fink

Default President Ron Paul might let the Space Shuttle flying beyond 2010. :-)

Hopefully, President Ron Paul would privatize the Space Shuttle Program.

Private Enterprise, first thing I'd do after purchasing Enterprise on E-Bay
would be to move the LOX, LH2 lines inside the Orbiter.

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @
Old September 16th 07, 04:27 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Damon Hill[_4_]

Craig Fink wrote in
:

Hopefully, President Ron Paul would privatize the Space Shuttle
Program.

Private Enterprise, first thing I'd do after purchasing Enterprise on
E-Bay would be to move the LOX, LH2 lines inside the Orbiter.

They were probably never installed on Enterprise, since it only
flew drop tests.

--Damon
Old September 16th 07, 08:31 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Gaff

Erm, but they have to come out some place and they are rather big and
weighty and um cold...

Brian

Email:

Old September 16th 07, 08:52 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Skylon

On Sep 15, 7:24 pm, Craig Fink wrote:
Hopefully, President Ron Paul would privatize the Space Shuttle Program.

Private Enterprise, first thing I'd do after purchasing Enterprise on E-Bay
would be to move the LOX, LH2 lines inside the Orbiter.

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @

You realize in order to purchase something on Ebay it must first be up
for auction on Ebay?

And last I checked, the Smithsonian didn't seem to be in any rush to
sell Enterprise.

-A.L.

Old September 17th 07, 06:55 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Derek Lyons

Craig Fink wrote:

Private Enterprise, first thing I'd do after purchasing Enterprise on E-Bay
would be to move the LOX, LH2 lines inside the Orbiter.

And when (are where) will you get the billions to finish Enterprise
(it's virtually a mockup and always has been), and build out all the
required infrastructure?

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old September 18th 07, 05:48 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
David Smith[_2_]

It was 15 Sep 2007, when Craig Fink commented:

Hopefully, President Ron Paul would privatize the Space Shuttle Program.

Private Enterprise, first thing I'd do after purchasing Enterprise on E-Bay
would be to move the LOX, LH2 lines inside the Orbiter.

The first thing a privatized space program would do would be to decide
there's no immediate profit in it, break it up into smaller pieces, and
sell it to other folks who would shortly go out of business.

--
grizzly at grizzly dot podzone dot org
Podcast: http://grizzly.libsyn.com

Old September 18th 07, 11:40 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
[email protected]

On Sep 15, 8:27 pm, Damon Hill wrote:
Craig Fink wrote :

Hopefully, President Ron Paul would privatize the Space Shuttle
Program.

Private Enterprise, first thing I'd do after purchasing Enterprise on
E-Bay would be to move the LOX, LH2 lines inside the Orbiter.

They were probably never installed on Enterprise, since it only
flew drop tests.

Enteprise was indeed never equipped with the IPS plumbing that later
orbiters were since it was to fly the ALT flights first, and it was
not required hardware. However the capacity to install them was
retained.

Had things gone as originally planned following the vibration testing
at Marshall Spaceflight Center in 1978-79, Enterprise would have been
returned to Palmdale Plant No. 42 in California to be retrofitted
fully, and would have seen her first flight in 1982.

The expense of dismantling Enterprise, along with upgrading the
airframe to meet the new fleet standards was deemed too expensive, and
so NASA chose instead to retrofit the STA-099 test article into OV-099
Challenger.
-Mike

Old September 19th 07, 01:34 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Leopold Stotch[_2_]

Craig Fink wrote:
Hopefully, President Ron Paul would privatize the Space Shuttle Program.

Private Enterprise, first thing I'd do after purchasing Enterprise on E-Bay
would be to move the LOX, LH2 lines inside the Orbiter.

Ru Paul is more likely to be President than Ron Paul.