Lunar Space Elevator simply isn't for everyone

Old June 18th 06, 06:10 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy

Default Lunar Space Elevator simply isn't for everyone

Christ Brad, how much of your crud do I have to delete ??

There is no significant atmosphere on the Moon, it is very (very) close
to a perfect vacuum.
It's like being at, oh say, 500,000 feet above Earth (maybe that's too
low), no air to speak of, no air to transfer heat. There is some trace
amounts of the heavier gases, but that's about all, no heat transfer
through air, the film would be fine.
You are the one who has no hard-science to prove otherwise, as you
claim we have never been there.

Brad Guth wrote:
Speaking about such apparently mild thermal conditions on our moon:
Secret237; This cannot be done on the Moon due to the lack of
an atmosphere so you are left with the thermometer in full sun,
or full shade.

What "lack of an atmosphere" are you talking about?
There's no lack of sodium, nor argon or radon. Roughly 50% of that
basalt that's continually getting pulverised into vapor is oxygen.
There may not be huge amounts to work with, but there's more than
enough for accomplishing a nifty surface layer of offering a crystal
clear insulation factor. At least you have no hard-science proving
otherwise.

Secret237; if anything the film got too cold and chilled film is
really good film.

Christ all freaking mighty on another stick; Can't you pagan folks
give us village idiots a break?

No, we will not. I take that as an admission that you are an idiot.

Old June 18th 06, 06:32 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy

Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

Right on, given a little aluminum and it actually gets cold inside that
camera, even though you're being surrounded by a nearly coal like 0.07
albedo worth of terrian that's reflecting IR from all directions at
roughly 33%, plus nearly continuously taking on whatever's offering a
direct solar hit, or perhaps as rather off those extremely large Xenon
lamp arrays as having so nicely illuminated on behalf of creating all
those unskewed(terrestrial spectrum perfect) Kodak moments.

Can you folks ever specify anything, other than from your pagan and
thus LLPOF NASA/Apollo koran that's about as hocus-pocus as
infomercial-science ever gets, for backing up those supposed numbers
pertaining to the lunar atmosphere?

Outside of your NASA/Apollo scriptures; what's the fully independent
Secret237 best swag?

How about within the deepest of craters, as such lower/negative
elevation of -12 km might become worth knowing about and taking
advantage of, especially if there's a good chance of having more of the
likes of radon and argon as crater atmosphere to work with, especially
nifty if it's also offering a fairly large(2500 km) diameter with
obviously hosting secondary craters within.
-
Brad Guth

Old June 18th 06, 06:35 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks

In article . com, Brad
Guth wrote:

all
those unskewed(terrestrial spectrum perfect) Kodak moments.

Can you folks ever specify anything, other than from your pagan and
thus LLPOF NASA/Apollo koran that's about as hocus-pocus as
infomercial-science ever gets, for backing up those supposed numbers
pertaining to the lunar atmosphere?

Brad

"I think it is..." is not correct science. Hell, it isn't even a good
kookout.

--
The greatest enemy of science is pseudoscience.

Jaffa cakes. Sweet delicious orangey jaffa goodness, and an abject lesson why
parroting information from the web will not teach you cosmology.

Official emperor of sci.physics. Please pay no attention to my butt poking
forward, it is expanding.

Relf's Law?
"Bull**** repeated to the limit of infinity asymptotically approaches
the odour of roses."

National Space Policy: NSDD-42 (issued on July 4th, 1982) Stuf4 History 158 December 13th 14 09:50 PM
Early NASA PDFs Rusty History 48 June 13th 06 05:51 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ CAPCOM UK Astronomy 17 February 21st 06 01:07 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM