Buran is better

Old September 5th 03, 06:56 PM
scarface

Default Buran is better

American shuttles suck,
Russian shuttle sucks better!
Old September 6th 03, 12:03 AM
Scott M. Kozel

scarface wrote:

American shuttles suck,
Russian shuttle sucks better!

Buran flew to orbit only once, in 1988. Buran is kaupt.

--
Scott M. Kozel Highway and Transportation History Websites
Virginia/Maryland/Washington, D.C. http://www.roadstothefuture.com
Old September 6th 03, 02:19 AM
Jon Berndt

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote in message

Buran flew to orbit only once, in 1988. Buran is kaupt.

Was ist Buran ???

Jon

Old September 6th 03, 03:41 AM
Jon Berndt

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote in message

Buran flew to orbit only once, in 1988. Buran is kaupt.

Was ist Buran ???

You said Buran is "kaupt". You meant, "Kaput", right?

Sorry. I was too obscure. :-)

Jon

Old September 6th 03, 04:04 AM
Scott M. Kozel

"Jon Berndt" wrote:

"Scott M. Kozel" wroteL

Buran flew to orbit only once, in 1988. Buran is kaupt.

Was ist Buran ???

You said Buran is "kaupt". You meant, "Kaput", right?

Sorry. I was too obscure. :-)

Kaput. Typo... I should know better, with 2 years of high school
German.
Old September 6th 03, 06:10 AM
Chuck Stewart

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 06:37:28 +0000, Dou wrote:

In article , -pc-
dot.org says...
"Scott M. Kozel" wrote in message

Buran flew to orbit only once, in 1988. Buran is kaupt.

Was ist Buran ???

Ich bin ein Buraner?

(bows to Doug...)

--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"

Old September 6th 03, 04:33 PM
Terrence Daniels

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote in message
"The first and only orbital launch of the shuttle Buran was at 3:00 GMT
on November 15, 1988. The flight was unmanned, as the life support
system had not been checked out and the CRT displays had no software
installed.

torll/

Soviet General: "Is OK - We just replace Cosmonauts after every mission. I
declare this Shuttle copy fully operational!"

/torll

Buran 1 mission was limited to 2 orbits due to computer memory
limitations".

!

Old September 6th 03, 06:43 PM
Allen Thomson

Andrew Gray wrote

You're a pancake?

Jelly donut.

But the JFK story seems to be an UL:
http://www.hs.ebruns.k12.nj.us/hs/or...nclub/jfk.html
Old September 7th 03, 01:05 AM
Andrew Gray

In article , Allen
Thomson wrote:
Andrew Gray wrote

You're a pancake?

Jelly donut.

But the JFK story seems to be an UL:
http://www.hs.ebruns.k12.nj.us/hs/or...nclub/jfk.html

I fear my elaborate pun was misread... JFK, allegedly, announced his
donuthood (donuticy?); by analogy, therefore, "ich bin ein Buran"...
well, last time I saw one it was doing a fairly good impression of a
pancake... g

--
-Andrew Gray