hmmmm

Old February 6th 04, 07:14 PM
Rob

Default hmmmm

[I know this is an astronomy group and not a wild ideas and theorys group
but I didn't know where else to post.]

I was wondering if 2 blackholes say blackhole A & blackhole B of equal mass
colided, what would happen. The first thought is them to merge like any
other mass. However since time space technicaly does not exist and possibly
exits in another dimension/universe. Would they cancel each other out by A
going into B, and at the same time B going into A. I then thought if this
was the case would instead of A leading to universe A1 and B to B1 (from our
universe) would it now lead directly from A1 to B1...

Whats your thoughts on what would happen?

Old February 6th 04, 07:51 PM
Greg Neill

"Rob" . wrote in message ...
[I know this is an astronomy group and not a wild ideas and theorys group
but I didn't know where else to post.]

I was wondering if 2 blackholes say blackhole A & blackhole B of equal

mass
colided, what would happen. The first thought is them to merge like any
other mass. However since time space technicaly does not exist and

possibly
exits in another dimension/universe. Would they cancel each other out by A
going into B, and at the same time B going into A. I then thought if this
was the case would instead of A leading to universe A1 and B to B1 (from

our
universe) would it now lead directly from A1 to B1...

Whats your thoughts on what would happen?

You get one, larger black hole.

Old February 6th 04, 08:04 PM
Rick

"Greg Neill" wrote in message ...
"Rob" . wrote in message ...
[I know this is an astronomy group and not a wild ideas and theorys group
but I didn't know where else to post.]

I was wondering if 2 blackholes say blackhole A & blackhole B of equal

mass
colided, what would happen. The first thought is them to merge like any
other mass. However since time space technicaly does not exist and

possibly
exits in another dimension/universe. Would they cancel each other out by A
going into B, and at the same time B going into A. I then thought if this
was the case would instead of A leading to universe A1 and B to B1 (from

our
universe) would it now lead directly from A1 to B1...

Whats your thoughts on what would happen?

You get one, larger black hole.

And a gamma ray burst.

Rick

Old February 6th 04, 08:08 PM
John Zinni

"Rob" . wrote in message ...
[I know this is an astronomy group and not a wild ideas and theorys group
but I didn't know where else to post.]

I was wondering if 2 blackholes say blackhole A & blackhole B of equal

mass
colided, what would happen. The first thought is them to merge like any
other mass. However since time space technicaly does not exist and

possibly
exits in another dimension/universe. Would they cancel each other out by A
going into B, and at the same time B going into A. I then thought if this
was the case would instead of A leading to universe A1 and B to B1 (from

our
universe) would it now lead directly from A1 to B1...

Whats your thoughts on what would happen?

You get blackhole C.

http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia...oviesEdge.html
page down to "Head-on Collision of Two Non-Rotating Black Holes". You will
find QuickTime and MPEG simulations of a merger.

Old February 6th 04, 08:10 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Rob Two Blackholes colliding would create a gamma ray burst with
more energy than our entire universe. Their singularies would seperate
out a billion light years in a trillion of a second..In a great deal of
time the inrinsic space field would slow EM energies to move no faster
tha "c' The intinsic field of space would create neutrons,and their
decay would create the hydrogen atoms,and from these atoms, gravity will
evolove all there is. Two mini-universes would be formed. It fits well
for nature creates in pairs. Bert

Old February 6th 04, 09:36 PM
Bill Sheppard

Do a Google on 'Binary black hole merger' and 'Black hole ringdown'.
Lots of good info. oc

Old February 7th 04, 12:54 PM
Benoit Morrissette

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:04:11 -0800, "Rick" wrote:

"Greg Neill" wrote in message ...
"Rob" . wrote in message ...
[I know this is an astronomy group and not a wild ideas and theorys group
but I didn't know where else to post.]

I was wondering if 2 blackholes say blackhole A & blackhole B of equal

mass
colided, what would happen. The first thought is them to merge like any
other mass. However since time space technicaly does not exist and

possibly
exits in another dimension/universe. Would they cancel each other out by A
going into B, and at the same time B going into A. I then thought if this
was the case would instead of A leading to universe A1 and B to B1 (from

our
universe) would it now lead directly from A1 to B1...

Whats your thoughts on what would happen?

You get one, larger black hole.

And a gamma ray burst.

Rick

And a possibly detectable HUGE gravitationnal wave!

Good night!

Benoît Morrissette
Old February 7th 04, 03:53 PM
Bill Sheppard

And a possibly detectable HUGE
gravitationnal wave!

Good night!

Beno=EEt Morrissette

More like a waveTRAIN. The GW signature of a merging binary BH pair
would show ascending amplitude, ascending frequency, and the 'chirp' of
merger. Then there is 'ringdown'- the dying-out oscillation of the
merged mass like a blob of Jello. oc

Old February 8th 04, 03:37 AM
Dat's Me

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:51:25 -0500, Greg Neill wrote:

"Rob" . wrote in message ...
[I know this is an astronomy group and not a wild ideas and theorys
group but I didn't know where else to post.]

I was wondering if 2 blackholes say blackhole A & blackhole B of equal

mass
colided, what would happen. The first thought is them to merge like any
other mass. However since time space technicaly does not exist and

possibly
exits in another dimension/universe. Would they cancel each other out by
A going into B, and at the same time B going into A. I then thought if
this was the case would instead of A leading to universe A1 and B to B1
(from

our
universe) would it now lead directly from A1 to B1...

Whats your thoughts on what would happen?

You get one, larger black hole.

Let's put another little twist into that: What if the two black holes are
spinning (at same rate in same plane) in opposite directions? Everything
the same except spin direction, end result =?

Old February 8th 04, 04:14 AM
Bill Sheppard

Dat's me wrote,

Let's put another little twist into that:
What if the two black holes are
spinning.... ?

Whatever would lead you to believe they would not be spinning???
(following JohnZ's penchant for multiple question marks.g) oc