These Russian engines will be better than our other Russian Engines

Old January 25th 15, 04:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default These Russian engines will be better than our other Russian Engines

In article ,
says...

When Antares went-up and went boom, I recall Orbital talking about how
they were going to accelerate their "other engine" program. Perhaps I
missed it, but I don't recall their saying it would simply be to
replace on Russian designed and built engine with another:

http://www.dailysabah.com/economy/20...rocket-engines

from the time of the boom:
http://www.space.com/27669-orbital-s...t-engines.html

rick jones

Of course they didn't come right out and say it at the time. Due to the
political flack that the RD-180 engines on Atlas V is getting, adding
yet another Russian engine to yet another US launch vehicle is not a
good thing politically.

ULA and Orbital are addicted to Russian LOX/kerosene engines like a
junkie that's addicted to crack cocaine. It's an expensive habit long
term that would be a good thing to kick. That habit is going to be very
hard to quit. I fear that the two companies are doing little more than
kicking the can down the road because they don't want to redesign their
entire launch vehicle.

Jeff
Old January 26th 15, 05:49 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Posting into the ether

Especially given the arising new cold war between Greater Russia and NATO.

Orbital to fly new rocket with old Russian engines [email protected] Policy 0 March 22nd 13 03:58 PM
Ion engines Raghar Policy 52 August 29th 07 09:10 PM
OMS pod engines John H[_2_] Space Shuttle 4 August 9th 07 11:29 PM
XCOR engines Pete Lynn Policy 16 November 24th 05 02:46 AM
Ion engines and He3 Nick Hull Space Shuttle 6 December 15th 04 05:56 PM