Phoenix discussions

Old May 29th 08, 12:35 AM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan[_3_]

Default Phoenix discussions

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

How about never replying publicly to a troll so people like me don't have to
read troll trash?

But that's the problem, Jeff; regardless of what the people in this forum do,
there'll be people from outside this group who will post - so you have to kf
the thread. That works until someone changes the subject line and you start
all over again. One recent example was the posting about "not Earth, but
another planet" or something. Another poster changed the subject line to "why
do I get the felling this is a troll".

I just checked, it takes two clicks of the mouse to skip past threads
you're not interested in. Two clicks is one second. You guys are
obsessing over what exactly? The click or two annoyance, or
is it aesthetics? Please tell everyone just how petty you are?

Personally, I find these threads about killfiling to be embarassing as
it shows everyone how childish the people here are.

People like you and OM drive people away from these ngs.
Please grow up. Or at least face the simple reality that fillfiling
means you'll never know you're being criticized and being made
to look like a fool. Which becomes very easy when you don't
defend yourself.

Besides, everyone knows you read the posts anyways.

Old May 29th 08, 12:40 AM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan[_3_]

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"jonathan" wrote in message
. ..

So go ahead, call me anything you like, feel free to hate me.
Announce to the world how unhappy you are!
I won't bill you for the service.

*PLONK*

Well, you showed me!

I feel like I'm talking to fourth graders in a playground.
Are you going to run home crying to mommy now...ah...
I mean complain to the server?

Old May 29th 08, 01:00 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Wed, 28 May 2008 23:14:40 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

"jonathan" wrote in message

So go ahead, call me anything you like, feel free to hate me.
Announce to the world how unhappy you are!
I won't bill you for the service.

*PLONK*

....And with one gesture, Alan manages to evade *my* killfile. Thank
you for your consideration for the rest of us, Alan. It *is*
appreciated. In fact, about the only gift someone could give that
would top it is if "jonathan" offs himself in a most painful way.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old May 29th 08, 10:26 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
So go ahead, call me anything you like, feel free to hate me.
Announce to the world how unhappy you are!
I won't bill you for the service.

*PLONK*

Now, now, now... he did say: "feel free to hate me." and "I won't bill
you for the service."
That, to me, is truth in advertising.
But...if you hate him _twice_ as much in the next half-hour, we'll send
you the free "Swedish Snowball Ring" with its ONE-HALF INCH DIAMETER
flawless "Pearl" ...AS WELL AS _TEN_ BOTTLES OF "PET-PEE-FREE" DOG AND
CAT URINE CARPET ODOR REMOVER!
A _$7,000.00_ value... _yours FREE_ for only the cost of shipping and
handling*
CAN YOU BELIEVE _THAT_!?
WE WOULDN'T MAKE THIS UP!
But...call us in the next FIFTEEN MINUTES, and we'll DOUBLE that offer
to _TWENTY_ BOTTLES of the pet urine odor remover and a EIGHT AND
ONE-HALF INCH DIAMETER flawless "Swedish Snowball 'Pearl' "...that you
can BOWL with!
A $14,000.00 dollar value! Yours FREE for only the price of shipping and
handling!
But _only_ for the next FIFTEEN MINUTES!

*$999.99

Patco Industries
Old May 29th 08, 10:51 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:
...And with one gesture, Alan manages to evade *my* killfile. Thank
you for your consideration for the rest of us, Alan. It *is*
appreciated. In fact, about the only gift someone could give that
would top it is if "jonathan" offs himself in a most painful way.

See? Told you he was okay.
Considering how "jonathan" was so heavy into some sort of Chinese
revolution this year, this should be right up his mystic alley:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080528/...on_stone_quake
Sharon Stone is a "movie star"?
O-kay... I just thought she flashed her snatch once on-screen.
Now Melanie Griffith... now _she's a movie star_ who knows about Karma:
http://www.melaniegriffith.com/home.html
Meanwhile, from far-too-close of a distance, Hillary Clinton swears
vengeance on "The Dark Knight".
"Hillary Clinton is dead my friend...from now on, you can call my 'The
Jinxer'... as you can see, I'm much happier now....":
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-...8052803501.jpg

"The DNC needs an enema! Hee-hee-hee....whoooooh." ;-)

Pat
Old May 30th 08, 02:27 AM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan[_3_]

"OM" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 May 2008 23:14:40 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

"jonathan" wrote in message
t...

So go ahead, call me anything you like, feel free to hate me.
Announce to the world how unhappy you are!
I won't bill you for the service.

*PLONK*

...And with one gesture, Alan manages to evade *my* killfile. Thank
you for your consideration for the rest of us, Alan. It *is*
appreciated.

You're very welcome.

In fact, about the only gift someone could give that
would top it is if "jonathan" offs himself in a most painful way.

You forgot, I found God, Nature and all that stuff through the latest
mathematics.
I am the most contented person alive.

I make you this promise, I will go away when the next administration
cancels the "Vision". Something about our national science goal being
nothing more than a gold plated safari for the elite, while the world
is burning, strikes me as just plain wrong.

I'm not going away until NASA becomes relevant again.
Oh, and when they finally find life on Mars, that too.
Once those two things happen, then I'll go away.

Get used to me, as annoying as I can be, I mean well.

OM
--
]=====================================[

Old May 30th 08, 02:36 AM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan[_3_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

OM wrote:
...And with one gesture, Alan manages to evade *my* killfile. Thank
you for your consideration for the rest of us, Alan. It *is*
appreciated. In fact, about the only gift someone could give that
would top it is if "jonathan" offs himself in a most painful way.

See? Told you he was okay.
Considering how "jonathan" was so heavy into some sort of Chinese revolution
this year, this should be right up his mystic alley:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080528/...on_stone_quake

I heard that. That tragedy has taken the steam out of the anti Olympic
movement. Somehow for a couple of years I've had the feeling
that Mother Nature would play a role in whether the communists
survive the Olympics. I thought it would be the incredible pollution
in Beijing might be the last straw, provided the winds were just
right to choke the city. But maybe not, maybe this earthquake
will somehow play a key role.

Or maybe the hurricane in Burma, and the dictatorship letting the people
starve to protect their own asses has proved a point
about the 'legitimacy' of dictatorships.

I don't know, but I plan to keep on trying.

Old May 30th 08, 02:57 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace[_2_]

On May 30, 9:36*am, "jonathan" wrote:
Somehow for a couple of *years I've had the feeling
that Mother Nature would play a role in whether the communists
survive the Olympics.

Or indeed vice versa.