M27 with the Bradford Robotic Telescope

Old June 15th 05, 01:42 PM
Robin Leadbeater

Default M27 with the Bradford Robotic Telescope

Now in reincarnated form undergoing Beta testing on Mt Teide Tenerife, looks
like it is now capable of some quite nice images. Here's one I asked it to
take of M27 last night (The RGB combining and minor tweaking is my own work,
the rest is down to the telescope and location)
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/astro2/BRT/BRT.htm
The project website is here
www.telescope.org

Robin

Robin Leadbeater
54.75N 3.24W
http://www.leadbeaterhome.fsnet.co.uk/astro.htm
-

Old June 15th 05, 02:58 PM
Chris Taylor

"Robin Leadbeater" wrote in message
Now in reincarnated form undergoing Beta testing on Mt Teide Tenerife,
looks
like it is now capable of some quite nice images. Here's one I asked it
take of M27 last night (The RGB combining and minor tweaking is my own
work,
the rest is down to the telescope and location)
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/astro2/BRT/BRT.htm
The project website is here
www.telescope.org

Great shot, and project concept

Regards

Chris

Old June 15th 05, 03:36 PM

Given the hardware used I would call it quite ugly rather than quite
nice, if I can be so explicit. Hopefully it will get better (although a
C14 is far from being a nice choice for pretty pictures or wide field
astrometry). BTW, calling GRBs "eruptive variable stars" is a kind of
ridiculous since we don't even know what GRBs really are (most likely
nothing to do with eruptive variable stars).

Reg's

Andrea T.

Old June 16th 05, 12:49 PM
Robin Leadbeater

wrote in message
ups.com...
Given the hardware used I would call it quite ugly rather than quite
nice, if I can be so explicit. Hopefully it will get better (although a
C14 is far from being a nice choice for pretty pictures or wide field
astrometry).

Luminance frame taken last night to produce an LRGB
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/astro2/BRT/BRT.htm

Apart from the acknowledged work needed to be done on tracking and given
that these are single raw short exposure frames with no flats and no post
processing, I don't think it is performing too badly. BTW I have no
connection with the project Just trying to use the scope and help the team
by giving them constructive feedback. Can I suggest you direct any that you
have to the team?

Robin