light pollution

Old October 26th 04, 11:53 AM

Default light pollution

I live in Houston, TX. Does anyone know how the light pollution affects the
various mirror sizes. I have been looking at 8-12 inch SC telescopes. I saw
a post which commented that larger scopes were more affected by light
pollution than smaller 4 inch scopes. This seems incorrect. Is the type of
scope a factor? thanks, glenn

Old October 26th 04, 04:24 PM
starlord

When I first started setting up for Sidewalk Astronomy, I was setting up an
Orion DSE 12.5inch f4.8 Dob in Waikiki Beach under all of the light
pollution there and was able to give views of Saturn, Jupiter and other
DSO's just fine.

--

"And for the second time in four million years, the monolith awoke."
Arthur C.Clarke 2062dyssey three

SIAR
http://starlords.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.netfirms.com/

"g" wrote in message
I live in Houston, TX. Does anyone know how the light pollution affects

the
various mirror sizes. I have been looking at 8-12 inch SC telescopes. I

saw
a post which commented that larger scopes were more affected by light
pollution than smaller 4 inch scopes. This seems incorrect. Is the type of
scope a factor? thanks, glenn

---