TheSky 6 - Pro or Advanced?

Old September 22nd 04, 08:32 PM
Tom Hise

Default TheSky 6 - Pro or Advanced?

I'm trying to decide which version of TheSky 6 to order. I plan on using
it in conjunction with my Meade LX200 GPS (10") in a remote observatory
situation. In this kind of an application, is there anything in the Pro
version that might be worth the extra $150 over the Advanced version?
Looking at the additional features it seems that most of it's extras
involve additional catalogs and integration with specific camera and mount
hardware.

Will I be sorry sometime later if I go with the Advanced version?

Thanks in advance,

--
Tom Hise - NCØO
N42° 06' 41" - W91° 52' 59"
Old September 22nd 04, 09:42 PM
Rod Mollise

I'm trying to decide which version of TheSky 6 to order. I plan on using
it in conjunction with my Meade LX200 GPS (10") in a remote observatory
situation. In this kind of an application, is there anything in the Pro
version that might be worth the extra $150 over the Advanc

Hi:

The advantages of Pro are its interface with other Bisque programs like CCDsoft
(Advanced does work with Tpoint). It also has "more" of everything...images and
catalogs. I'm perfectly happy with Advanced, though, as it is _extremely_
capable.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html