KZ Hya / GW UMa - High-amplitude short-duration pulsating variables

Old February 21st 11, 07:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis[_1_]

Default KZ Hya / GW UMa - High-amplitude short-duration pulsating variables

Dear group,

Things are moving very slowly this time of the year as usual and due
to the weather. On the odd night where the skies are clear, the seeing
is horrific and which leaves one's hands tied.

The only means for me to be somewhat productive is to pursue some
photometry and where I used the opportunity to go after a couple of
well-known high-amplitude short-duration variables, namely KZ Hya and
GW UMa. The former was particularly rewarding since Hyadra is very low
along the sky for my location and the photometry was started with KZ
Hya probably no more than six to seven degrees above the horizon.

(1) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...Z-20110208.htm ...
with a period of 85.70 minutes, one of the shortest duration variable
stars
(2) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...W-20110211.htm ...
originally a Hipparcos satellite discovery

Anthony.

Old February 22nd 11, 08:56 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben[_2_]

Good work, Anthony!