ASTRO: Pluto leaving B92 (I hate clouds) Full size

Old July 8th 10, 08:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Pluto leaving B92 (I hate clouds) Full size

First of all I didn't realize it was going to transit the cloud, one of
my favorite visually. But that didn't matter as it was cloudy and
severely moonlit up here. Finally last night the clouds cleared for a
couple hours, cloudy again today. I managed 20 minutes of L and 10 of
each for RGB. Then saw I had 20 minutes before it hit my Meridian Tree
so took another 20 minutes but when I combined them pluto was elongated
and the clouds moving in made the elongation dimmer so it looked weird.
I didn't expect it to move enough in the 30 minutes of color data but
it did. Down this low my transparency over the lake is horrid. I had
one heck (way too mild of a word) with color balance but think it
finally came out about right. 10 minutes just wasn't enough that low
through all the gunk to fully adjust for blue extinction. Even green
was weak judging by how much I had to reduce red to match.

But after all the work I see Pluto came out somewhat orange which seems
to match the super colorized Hubble images. Hope it is right.

14" LX200R @ f/19, L=1x20' RGB=1x10'x3, STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PLUTO-L20RGB2X10.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	549.9 KB
ID:	3017
Old July 9th 10, 02:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

that's awesome Rick!

a demoted planet.,.....

. com...

Old July 11th 10, 06:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Glen Youman

There is a 3D effect in your image -B92t really does look like a hole
in the star cloud and not a dark cloud in the foreground.

Old July 13th 10, 11:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Wow, Pluto can count itself lucky that it wasn't swallowed by the dark
nebula. Now that it is not a planet any more nobody would have come for
rescue ;-)
This is a great background for Pluto.

Stefan

. com...