astro: ngc7662

Old December 29th 09, 04:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

Default astro: ngc7662

40x30s, 10" LX200GPS, ATK 16HRC, IR block filter. dew ended the session too
soon... :-(

this is a very bright object, so I started out with a series of 30s,
planning to take longer subs later in the session, but within an hour after
opening my observatory, all scopes were dripping wet and dew made me stop.
too bad. also almost full moon close to the target did not help of course.
still I liked the fact that I captured structure and some red in the nebula.

--
martijn
www.xs4all.nl/~martlian

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc7662 28dec2009 40x30s.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	2779
Old December 29th 09, 09:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

"Adriano" schreef in bericht
.. .
That looks fantastic! Back in 2003 I took 25 one minute exposures with
my C8 at f/25 using a cookbook camera. Times sure have changed since then.

thanks adriano,
not only did times change, I also changed/learned a lot :-)

I used a 10" (you a C8) but the biggest difference I think is the camera.
Those chips sure are sensitive nowadays. I tried imaging the moon with the
ATK 16HRC through my 80mm refractor, and even at 0.001s exposure, it was
overexposed!

--
Martijn
www.xs4all.nl/~martlian

Old January 1st 10, 03:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Dirk[_6_]

That sure is a nice image Martijn!
Btw you build a beautifull observatory in your backyard.
I moved this year and currently in the process of building my own
observatory (out of stone with a rotating dome).
Hope to finish it this year.

Happy new year to you and your family !

reg
Dirk

Old January 1st 10, 08:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

"Dirk" schreef in bericht
That sure is a nice image Martijn!
Btw you build a beautifull observatory in your backyard.
I moved this year and currently in the process of building my own
observatory (out of stone with a rotating dome).
Hope to finish it this year.

Happy new year to you and your family !

reg
Dirk

thanks for the kind remarks, Dirk.
Please post some images of your observatory, like to see them!

regards
Martijn