ASTRO: Scopes of Stellafane: 4-in Clark refractor

Old September 1st 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Scopes of Stellafane: 4-in Clark refractor

This 4-inch Clark was made in 1911, and was in beautiful shape. The only
think not original was the Hershel wedge and eyepiece. There was at least
one other Clark and the objective lens of George E. Hale's first solar
telescope (a 15-inch I think) at Stellafane. I've seen 6-inch Clark's go for
$35,000 at auction. I wonder what this beauty would draw?

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clark 4-inch 1911.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	486.6 KB
ID:	1151

Old September 2nd 07, 03:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"jerry warner" wrote

thanks for this one.

I love old Clarks Jerry. There are several in our area including a 10-inch
on the Cornell campus. I wish Art or I had taken pictures of the others at
Stellafane with the DSLR. I may be able to get something from my video
later.

George N