National Geographic's Prediction -- The Universe Will Die a Black Death

Old September 10th 06, 10:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
canopus56[_1_]

Default National Geographic's Prediction -- The Universe Will Die a Black Death

Radium wrote:
As a result, everything in the end will be stretch to death. Atoms will
no longer stay together due to the strecth. It will be a dark and cold
death. Scary stuff!

Another thing to note, as Brian mentioned in response to your other
thread, is that those predictions only apply to the observable portion
of the known universe. That stretches back in time to just before the
Big Bang and out to an observable sphere approximately 4.5 gigaparsecs
in distance-then. Metaphysically, it is possible there is more beyond
the range of your observable universe which we may learn of in the
future. - Canopus56

Old September 11th 06, 12:20 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Shawn Curry

John Popelish wrote:
Radium wrote:

Hi:

Last Wednesday I saw an episode of National Geographic which discussed
-- as far as scientists can tell -- how the universe began and how it
will end.

It seems the universe will keep expanding and never contract. Also, the
rate of expansion is increasing.

As a result, everything in the end will be stretch to death. Atoms will
no longer stay together due to the strecth. It will be a dark and cold
death.

Scary stuff!

How so? This process will do you no harm.

Nor any human or descendant, biological or otherwise, that will ever
exist. My understanding is "The Big Rip' wil occur in 1000s of
trillions of years. That's quite a while from now. ;-)

Shawn
Old September 11th 06, 06:23 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Koobee Wublee

Radium wrote:

It seems the universe will keep expanding and never contract. Also, the
rate of expansion is increasing.

As a result, everything in the end will be stretch to death. Atoms will
no longer stay together due to the strecth. It will be a dark and cold
death.

Scary stuff!

Don't be scared.

This grimm conclusion is totally based on General Relativity (GR) that
it has no other explanations to the observed behavior of Type Ia
Supernova explorsionsin the 1 to 5 billion light years out. GR is
built on a boat load of postulates that most of them are just purely
wrong, absurd, and illogical. If anyone desires, I can point them out
one by one. GR is a theory based on observations, and yet it does not
address this issue where all observations are interpreted to be
reality. The fault lies in the assumption that mass somehow
miraculously causes a curvature in spacetime as well as the faulty
trait carryed over from Special Relativity which is worth another
chapter of discussions.

In the meantime, please don't hold your breath to anticipate the
outcome of our universe. It is still not conclusive with all the
faulty hypotheses we have so far.

Old September 11th 06, 06:05 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Thomas Mickle

"Radium" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

Last Wednesday I saw an episode of National Geographic which discussed
-- as far as scientists can tell -- how the universe began and how it
will end.

It seems the universe will keep expanding and never contract. Also, the
rate of expansion is increasing.

As a result, everything in the end will be stretch to death. Atoms will
no longer stay together due to the strecth. It will be a dark and cold
death.

Scary stuff!

yup..it's all rewee unboweevabo!

Old September 11th 06, 06:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Richard Adams

Radium wrote:
Hi:

Last Wednesday I saw an episode of National Geographic which discussed
-- as far as scientists can tell -- how the universe began and how it
will end.

It seems the universe will keep expanding and never contract. Also, the
rate of expansion is increasing.

As a result, everything in the end will be stretch to death. Atoms will
no longer stay together due to the strecth. It will be a dark and cold
death.

Scary stuff!

How long are you planning to live?

Old September 12th 06, 12:52 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Radium

Richard Adams wrote:
Radium wrote:
Hi:

Last Wednesday I saw an episode of National Geographic which discussed
-- as far as scientists can tell -- how the universe began and how it
will end.

It seems the universe will keep expanding and never contract. Also, the
rate of expansion is increasing.

As a result, everything in the end will be stretch to death. Atoms will
no longer stay together due to the strecth. It will be a dark and cold
death.

Scary stuff!

How long are you planning to live?

As long as science permits. Everyone ages differently.

Old September 13th 06, 06:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Wally[_5_]

Radium wrote:

Hi:

Last Wednesday I saw an episode of National Geographic which discussed
-- as far as scientists can tell -- how the universe began and how it
will end.

It seems the universe will keep expanding and never contract. Also, the
rate of expansion is increasing.

As a result, everything in the end will be stretch to death. Atoms will
no longer stay together due to the strecth. It will be a dark and cold
death.

Scary stuff!

Regards,

Radium

Hmmmm. - its on my calendar.

The Pandemic has begun Warhol Misc 31 June 18th 06 08:47 PM
Supermassive Black Holes Hide in Dust Cocoons (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 February 23rd 06 04:30 AM
Supermassive Black Holes Hide in Dust Cocoons (Forwarded) Andrew Yee News 0 February 23rd 06 04:01 AM
Can't get out of the universe "My crew will blow it up"!!!!!!!!!!! zetasum Policy 0 February 4th 05 11:06 PM
Breakthrough in Cosmology Kazmer Ujvarosy Amateur Astronomy 4 May 21st 04 11:44 PM